1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Well If you have a relative, friend co-worker or neighbour who is obese call them and let them know that almost every 30-40 y.o who is in ICU or hospitalised in Europe is obese and many of them have died.

Tell them that they are in the risky group and to stay in their house.

2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Being around the average Houstonian makes me feel better about myself....

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Where are you seeing this?

https://www.who.int/gho/ncd/risk_factors/overweight_obesity/obesity_adults/en/

This shows that it's both growing and is a significantly higher % then Europe.

malakas likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

5. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

New York data coming next week.

robbie380 and malakas like this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Anyone know if microwave kills the virus?

I'm trying to save some Lysol and rubbing alcohol.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Right, so what's the temperature?

My lazy Google search didn't say.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If this was the case 5G would have wr3cked it.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Oh I don't remember..maybe I confused it with hypertension. I have been looking up way too many population statistics.
    Thanx for the info.

Hopefully WHO and everyone's CDC will make it crystal clear that obesity is a very big risk factor so the population can take even better measures.

10. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think so but it certainly will help.
    The best way is to leave the items alone for 3 days, time kill it much better.

Also weren't you the one who were asking about UV light?
    Turns out only UVC light can kill it fast and reliably which is what China is using to disinfect hospitals and buses.

But UVC can also kill humans. UVA and UVB which is in sunlight can weaken it but how much time it takes and how bright the sunlight has to be depends. There are very few studies on other viruses.

Houstunna likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Whatever is the case, it is obvious that the real death toll was way more than 3k.

Probably Italy and Spain have flatter curves than the real curve in Wuhan.

Cold Hard, Nook, NotInMyHouse and 6 others like this.
  12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Wtf! Why can't the CCP just give us the real data? What's there point in withholding info at this point?

Houstunna and malakas like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

why do you think the WHO keeps estimating the mortality rate at around 3% even though all the public data talks about 0.5 - 1% ?

They have more information about what really happened in Wuhan and Hubei.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I can't remember if I posted this here or just told friends, but the director of the University Health Center (I guess which school should go unnamed for now) back in January said that China was under-reporting their stats by 40x. This was January.

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Awesome info... just ordered a battery-powered UVC device.

It's radiation, so yeah, seems a microwave would help. Just don't use it on humans or animals.

It will be wild initially not putting actual chemicals on things, but I'll get more confident with time. I will use it on everything in public and private. THIS will help the greater good of EVERYONE.

Just today I saw a guy use the restroom, not wash his hands, then grab the door handle. Another guy washed his hands, then touched the handle. Maybe they're sanitizing after getting into their vehicle, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The restroom had air dryers with no paper towels AND had a door which opened inward (hence, the handle). THIS situation should deemed illegal immediately. All public restrooms should either 1) have paper towels 2) a foot plate or 3) a door that opens outward. THIS should've been law BEFORE the virus.

#4835 Houstunna, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  16. Major

Major Member

Because they probably don't know it. If people died early on before good testing or understanding of the disease, there's not much way to know. The above article just talks about total deaths. Wuhan has 12 million people, so estimating an average lifespan of 70 years, that's 14,000+ people dying per month independent of the virus. So saying 40,000 have died in 2-3 months extrapolating data from funeral homes might be meaningless - that might be "normal" for all we know.

All countries are only reporting deaths from coronavirus based on confirmed cases - because you don't want data based on speculation. Articles like this don't help either because they don't tell us what numbers we should expect just from regular life. A year or two from now, someone can study things like pneumonia and other deaths in 2020 vs 2019 to get a better estimate, but we probably won't have good data for a long time. US data is no better right now.

daywalker02, Patience and RustyHarden like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

Wuhan had about 6-7 million when the quarantine happened.At least 5 million had left for the Chinese NY / escaped the quarantine.

Also France under the public's outcry will start reporting all deaths regardless if they happened in hospitals or retirement homes or their homes. They will start testing every corpse.

Nook likes this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

19. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

RFA is not a reliable source as it is funded by CIA and its sole purpose is to spread Anti-China propaganda (source).
    Though I get it, every negative news reported by U.S. media about China must be true lol.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Mazulis

Mazulis Member