1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Besides that, Monday Night Football averages 33% more viewers than the number he sited.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Remember the folks saying he was just playing a character and we'd see the real Trump after the election? :confused:

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why let facts get in the way now?

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thousands of Americans are dying, millions are losing their jobs, and he is raving about his ratings. Total POS

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

My God, he is now accusing hospitals of hording ventilators.

8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

trump marvel's at 151 countries. Probably why they call it a global Pandemic.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

No more Easter... Now April 30 with the possibility that it goes through June 1.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

translation: this is how I spread rumors without taking responsibility. amirite @AB

Is he an investigative reporter or a leader of the free world.

reporters report ... leaders solve problems

AB likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

IT’S A THREE RING CIRCUS. TRUMP IS THE INCOMPETENT RINGMASTER.

These news conferences are nuts. He’s all over the place. Everything is under control. Open things up by Easter. Quarantine! 100,000 deaths. Everything good by June. Great ratings!

In regard to Trump’s response to this disaster.
    1. He got information in January that the virus was dangerous.
    2. He chose to ignore the seriousness of the virus and downplayed the threat.
    3. He had two months to sound the alarm to Governors, Mayors, and healthcare professionals. But, he did nothing.
    4. He now takes no blame for his missteps and gives himself a grade of 10/10. But, casts blame at state and local authorities.

I do give credit to Trump for stopping flights from China. But, he failed to stop or monitor people coming from Europe and the rest of the world. He basically closed the front door, but he left the back door wide open.

14. AB

AB Contributing Member

exactly!! I saw the ‘May be' in the quote but I am sure he threw in a 'may be not' somewhere there!!

heypartner likes this.
  15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I have two problems giving Trump credit for stopping flights from China. Number one, it didn't stop infected Americans from returning, and, number two, most airlines already had stopped flights to and from China. It was at best, too little too late.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And it didn't stop this little thing called layovers and transfers. But then again, he's an absolute ****ing dumbshit idiot, so you gotta adjust expectations

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

trump today has been taking questions from reporters on the White House lawn during a large briefing. The one going on now is a dandy, and yes, that’s sarcasm on my part. He’s not only attacking the reporters that ask him perfectly reasonable questions. He attacks the news organizations they work for. He lies about their ratings. He’s actually babbling about the ratings of various news sources, and he’s comparing their ratings to those of The Apprentice. The Bachelor. I’m not making that up. Yet the information below is what really matters.

So you might want to pay attention. It affects you, your friends, your loved ones.

Between 100,000 to 200,000 dead. That’s if “everything is done right.” That’s from Doctor Fauci, Dr Birx. Wrap your head around that. So trump comes up with “2.2 million that would be dead if not for our great leadership. If I hadn’t acted.” It doesn’t comport with what he’s been saying for weeks.

That’s a number that will understandably freak people out. I wish I could back up and get the exact numbers stated by the experts. but I’m watching this in real time. So trump pulled a number out of one “model,” 2,200,000 dead, so that over 100,000 dead wouldn’t “sound” so bad, in my opinion. So he could “brag” about what a good job he’s doing. Again, in my opinion. Draw your own conclusion. A reporter asks him about what he said just a couple of days ago, and boy, does he attack him/her. He interrupts the reporter, attacks him or her personally, and who the reporter works for, and says it’s all “fake news, lies.” He cannot abide any criticism. Zero. None. No matter how mild, no matter how deserved

100,000 dead is around 40 times the number of dead from the virus today. It could be worse. For weeks and weeks, the federal government, with decent leadership, could have been producing and stocking up ventilators by the tens of thousands. We still have nothing remotely approaching what we need now, and especially what we will need in the future that is approaching fast.

Guess what. He said those things. I saw him. Do a search on the internet. It’s all right there. The man is lying to us, to the people. Tens of thousands, and very possibly, based on what I heard today, hundreds of thousands in our country will die. Wrap your mind around that. All the time that he was talking nonsense, making things up, lying, telling the cities and states to “handle this themselves,” disaster has been coming down the pike.

The experts knew it was a possiblity, and trump was briefed on it and ignored his experts. So you have our country in a state of chaos. One state is doing one thing, another state is doing something else. Many cities are having to take actions on their own, like here in Texas, because their state government gives no direction, and certainly trump gives no direction, unless it’s a fantasy he’s made up. That is, until he makes up a new one.

Again, do his supporters watch these briefings? The entire thing, not bits and pieces taken out of context. trump has gone from “everyone go to church and back to work at Easter,” to “the peak of the virus will hit us” about the same time. Now he says “June 1st might be when things ‘open up.” It is unbelievable to watch him just riff and uncork one misleading thing after another, with outright lies scattered throughout. Incredible.

I’ve seen some people here say that they are tired of reading about the “negative things” trump is doing, writing like they don’t believe most of it. I’ve said this before and it won’t be the last time. Wake the **** up, people. Get informed. Get worried. Be careful. Take action to save the lives of those you care about.

Watch the entire news briefings, especially the one today. It’ll be on YouTube. Watch it. You will see him lie about what he said Thursday to a reporter who asked him a reasonable question. He attacked her. He had the microphone taken away from her. Reporters are not hired to be “nice.” They are hired to ask tough questions. He’s attacked reporters not only for asking those kinds of questions, but asking very reasonable questions that should be easy for him to answer.

Today, trump said something completely outrageous and without a shred of proof. He accused New York City hospitals of taking ventilators, masks, and other badly needed equipment and then those vital things “going out the back door.” He accused them of hoarding them. He implied that they were selling them on the black market, thus the “going out the back door.” It was shocking. There is no depth he will not plumb to blame this unfolding disaster on someone else, something else. trump takes no responsibility for his actions and his inaction. Ever.

My fingers are tired. Unlike most of you, I type with 2 or 3 fingers, and sometimes use a thumb. The briefing is over now, but I’m posting this anyway. You should all watch it. I keep repeating that because it’s important that you do, in my opinion. You will be shocked. Sorry this is so long. If I could type as fast as I could think, it would be a hell of a lot longer.

#1337 Deckard, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    RayRay10, superfob, Junebball and 3 others like this.
  18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I just wanted to go back to how awful of a comment this was. The problem isn't just this one faceless human. It's that millions of people had this same thought. Still today, people have this same thought. Now with Trump increasing 30 days people will undoubtedly pretend that is what they also have been saying since the beginning.

"We have always been at War with Eastasia".

I had never thought I would be in a world that I've read in countless books of a dystopian future and yet, here we are. I'm just glad I have basketball to keep me preoccup......****.

RayRay10, Nook and Deckard like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. Senator

Senator Member

No other world leader took steps at a faster rate than Trump. I am not a fan, but can clearly see the herd mentality here of just piling on him in hindsight which is a favored method of those who never take any action themselves.

I wouldn't have a politician in charge of health outbreaks regardless, they aren't the brightest bulbs, just the most well connected. Give it to an actual health professional or a director of medical services to make the decisions if human life is what we value the most. But, as we have seen with all political cycles for the past 50 years, it always comes down to money.

Corrosion likes this.