1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The big problems with her story are as follows:

1. She was in the spotlight a year ago talking about how he touched her. Why didn't she mention this then?
    2. Why did she choose this moment to bring it up - at a timing where it's too late to change Biden being the candidate
    3. She is a Bernie Bro

It's all very fishy, with little evidence. She deserves her say, and seems like she is having it. But there's not much more to go with this unless other women step up and also speak.

FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Still don't trust this lady because she waited until January to come out, but still

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just curious, what were your thoughts on Kavanaugh as he only had one accuser also with no other females stepping forth?

Did you attack her liberal political leanings to dismiss Ford's case?

In terms of timing, the defense of Ford's timing after many decades of not coming forth was that her defenders including me thought that having her alleged rapist be a Supreme Court Justice was what convinced her to go public. Couldn't the same argument be applied to Biden as his accuser might not want him as president?

I'm just trying to get some logical consistency here because pretty much all those points could apply to Ford and we defended her and those points that conservative posters brought up.

#223 fchowd0311, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Corrosion and Space Ghost like this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

When is the recording of Biden saying he fingered her p***y coming out?

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Democrats will never admit this, but Kavanaugh was tit-for-tat for the whole Merrick Garland debacle. They felt they had no choice but to follow the example set by McConnell and the Republicans by playing dirty politics.

There was a small, very small, chance if they stalled past the midterms they could potentially retake the Senate and vote his nomination down outright. Then, in perfect world, they have control of the Senate and the ability to confirm their own nominee.

That said, the root examples of these cases are apples and oranges. CBF seemed like a genuinely credible victim with no appearance of questionable motivations. Sadly, something probably did happen to her, it’s just extremely difficult to make that case when the evidence is minimal and the case is so old. Biden’s accuser, on the other hand, has questionable motivations and credibility issues across the board.

#225 baller4life315, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    jiggyfly and joshuaao like this.
  6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Your lord and savior creates fictitious human beings to launder hush money for adulterously banging p*rn stars and fraudulently dangling TV and magazine column deals to them while his wife is pregnant.

Nook likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Perhaps there is more to the Biden accusers story. At this point I can only go with what it is known. My skepticism is based on her story changing greatly. Perhaps she has some believable explanation. I am certainly open to changing my mind, as my opinion is far from being written in stone.

As for Kavanaugh, he didn’t have 10 complaints of rape or sexual assault which made me question how sure I could be about what he did. What concerned me was that Kavanaugh was caught lying several times. That is why led me to believe that her story was as likely true as not.

The whole Biden event is odd. From his accuser suddenly changing her story, to Sanders operatives being involved in every step, to Biden’s very understated response... all very odd.

joshuaao likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Yup.

His first wife accused him of rape at one point.

He paid off another woman to have an abortion because when he cheats on his wife he isn’t responsible enough to use protection. So he already murdered his own child.

He “raw dogged” a prostitute while his wife was unable to have sex recovering from the birth of their first child.

joshuaao and Dairy Ashford like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21195935/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation

Not sure what the right is complaining about here. No one is saying she doesn't have a right to tell her story, just that - where is the evidence?

joshuaao likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ford had people to corroborate her story and there were multiple women who spoke out against Kavanaugh. He also lied under oath.

joshuaao likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Whoever crafted that response from Biden did a good job. It makes him sound confident that he is innocent, it makes him sound sympathetic to sexual abuse victims and also allows him to not seem like a hypocrite.

joshuaao and Jayzers_100 like this.
  12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

No, it only points to you having a cult following of Sanders. Biden is not the inspirational Obama/JFK/Lincoln type. No one is drooling over every word he says. Sensible adults can look at the facts and tell a normal accusation versus one riddled with holes.

Nook likes this.
  13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not sure if her being a Bernie fan is a problem. I mean, if Biden gave me an unwanted titty-twister, I wouldn't be a fan of his either.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

At the very least he has capable people around him. With these situations, it's impossible to know what really happened especially 30 years later.

Nook likes this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You understand blocking a person from becoming one of the most powerful people on this planet is indeed text book definition of 'motive'? She had decades to deal with this.

Both of these situations are very similar, including come from left wing people.

What matters, and I said this in the Kavenaugh situation, proof matters. I truly hate this type of behavior, but there is a thing called due process.

cml750 likes this.
  16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Of course it is, but let’s not be naive here. This is somebody that, by all accounts, doesn’t enjoy the public life. Hasn’t attempted to profit from this experience. No book deals. Has proven she had nothing to gain by making these accusations other than putting the truth out there.

And because of that she has suffered greatly. She’s received death threats, has had to hire a private security detail and move multiple times. Not to mention, tell a deeply personal story to a congressional committee on live TV for the entire world to see.

So when it comes to motive, her’s appears to be very straight-forward. With Tara Reade, it’s not just about timing and I hope you can recognize that. Her story has drastically changed and evolved. Her fascination with Putin is weird, and yeah, as it turns out she’s a Bernie supporter.

We’ll see what happens over time as this story evolves, but for right now it remains very clearly an apples and oranges comparison.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not that I disagree with that statement - its probably fairly accurate ....

But if that did happen , who would end up with the nomination ?!

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The hypocrisy of the left on full display...

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

this is insane. every 'witness' she recalled claimed the event never happened. Her story changed multiple times. She can recall nothing about the event except the witnesses who contradict her. She didn't go to the police at the time and told nobody at the time. Her father doesn't even believe her. She is the textbook definition of not credible.

cml750 likes this.
  20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Agreed - and top of that, her made-for-tv outfit with the glasses, hair in her face, and baby voice, just screamed inauthentic. It was all bad acting. How people fell for that is amazing to me. It reminds me why I'm wealthy and most are not.

GOOD DAY