1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

lol <--had to edit to add a 'lol'
    government act sooner? it is always true in any incident........but they will also check out the speed of the great US government acting.......hmmm.....no good. then you see Italy, France, UK, Germany, .......all over the world... no complain.

Chinese are also checking out the stat line I am putting here and it is growing day by day. They may think they are lucky that they do not have a Trump leading ..............Trump and his virus revealed the truth of the Western world.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

that's because China lies about their stats, and controls the news the people of China read. They don't read the truth. They censor what people read.

Nook and Severe Rockets Fan like this.
  4. WNBA

WNBA Member

Chinese are back to work slowly and steadily. that's for sure. the thing is over.
    No lie can cover the virus. Trump government lied more, but the virus put a stop on them.
    off to update the stat....

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe this is slightly good news. A U. Washington epidemiological study projects a total of "just" about 80,000 deaths in the US, (by August), but I don't know all their assumptions and this assumes no return in the fall. Epidemic definitely lasts through the summer. Interestingly, they have state by state projections as well. Expecting peak of this first wave of the epidemic in just 15 days or so. That would be welcome.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

The way to read a chart like this, if you aren't used to looking at them: the dotted line is the average of their model results, but the full color band is the range of possibilities. For any state, you can just click on the green tab that says "United States of America" and pull down a menu for whatever state you want. They project total TX deaths at "only" (my word) 5800 or so. I hope that's true, and no more!

In other news, my tiny TX eldery mother kindly requested honoring the 6 feet recommendations to a fellow shopper and was promptly called an "*******" by a big fat woman. Grrrr. Be classy, wherever you are, folks. TIA. Don't shout at any old ladies.

Deckard, Roomba, jcf and 6 others like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not the name of virus -Chinese is the adjective being used on the word infections - you could easily call our cases the American Coronavirus Infections. You need to revisit your grammar.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

yeah sorry, nobody believes you. Chinese government is known around the globe as liars who try to control what its people sees. They failed at containing the virus and now the world has to deal with this awful problem. China is the shame of the world.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Absolutely.

Now condemn Trump for many of the same behaviors. He has responded horribly and played politics with this crisis, he has pitted state against state, demanded favors to give ventilators, and worried more about his re-election than slowing American deaths.

He spreads misinformation like Bagdad Bob, and you don't seem to be able to admit to it. Own up to it! You yourself bought into the propaganda and flew around the country foolishly - and boasted about it!

AleksandarN and jboslett like this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I have two friends who are BP agents - They are deporting people who cross illegally immediately back to Mexico , non stop , one way trip , not even processing them.

The only one's that are being detained are wanted felons and those with federal warrants.

Your "dying in a fence" is hyperbole. Those people aren't being housed in those conditions and that only happened due to the caravan's overwhelming existing housing and we haven't seen a caravan in months.
    The numbers are also down significantly as the cartels have stopped moving people - they are scared of Covid 19 too.

London'sBurning likes this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Looks like Texas may be in the clear sooner because we aren't clumped together like some other states, plus our intense heat during the summers. I pray it's correct...thanks for posting.

Edit: After looking at the other state's statistics I take back that last part.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

no it isn't, they were 100% calling it the chinese virus and noting the infections and death toll were rising. This is prior to the PRC media surge.

China virus

China contagion

Chinese virus

all considered as racist as saying chinese food or TCM until the PRC puppets started saying it.

BBC :
    New China virus: Warning against cover-up as number of cases jumps

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

A. The Post was not calling it a Chinese virus with that title. You're misreading it. It was referring to the epidemic in China
    B. Once it expanded beyond China, the WHO intentionally gave it a name that was not based on ethnicity or geography to avoid people (such as yourself) trying to use it as something to create division and spread xenophobia. The media went with the WHO, except for the far right which is pretty telling.

13. Bandwagoner

Far right media of the BBC. buh byye

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Check the date

Also you edited the title of one, it's actually: I like how you tried to pull that trick there.

New virus in China

15. Bandwagoner

was it before the PRC media blitz?

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Before WHO guidance

17. Bandwagoner

so prior to who naming it = not racist

after WHO names it = racist

that's an insane argument. it makes sense because you are a well known psycho loon but I don't think anyone will buy it.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

No that's not the argument at all. But go ahead and manufacture whatever you need to float your boat. Sorry you have to resort to insults, hope all is well with you.

Nook likes this.
  19. Bandwagoner

It is clearly your argument you just made and have no response when it is boiled down.

On another note, I seem to remember you live in Brooklyn or something so I want to also wish you the best.

I recall when pgrabrial stopped posting here I really found myself regret any spats I had with him and was feeling bad hoping he was OK with his medical condition. Due to your situation and obvious struggles I want to wish you the best.

Nook, AroundTheWorld and jcf like this.
  20. RESINator

RESINator Member

Lol