1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That would still be overflow. I mean overflow from a lack of capacity for any patients. Not sure what their plans are. But good point that this could house non-corona patients. Sadly I could see a few asymptomatic patients getting through and it spreads. Also I don't think taking patients out of specific wings to a stadium of beds is good if there isn't the right equipment there. I imagine this is a quarantine camp.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea I think that’s simple because Texas has more people. Also keep in mind that this is a simple model without taking into account population density and cities actions (major cities in tx are shelter in place while Texas as a whole is under general social distancing).

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

NYT is but one magazine with an editorial board, multiple journalists and opinion pieces from wide range of people. In other word, it doesn’t speak for any city, any state or nation but of itself as a mag down to the level of a single individual. You may want to find that article you are referring to and ask that person that wrote it.

BTW these are beds for those without covid19. They are basically offloading hospital from non-corona cases.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is what I call prophetic.... Event 201 was a pandemic simulation that took place in October 2019... right around when the real Virus broke out in the real world. The debate they had in their mock news segment matches today perfectly. In fact much of it is spot on.

JumpMan and Amiga like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

we should remain optimistic but don’t fool people with a rosy picture. I don’t like what I heard from the very top here. If you just follow what happen with the 1918 flu pandemic, the 2nd round was the killer. The 1st was just a preview of things to come. This fight is just at the very beginning. It’s a long marathon with massive peas and some valley. Until a vaccine and or effective treatment is available, gov needs to think through how to run that marathon and be prepared for it. PPE and med supplies ramp up for not just now but months down the road. So many things to do (which in the best case would not be needed but are tool set that will be useful again for future outbreak). Test, diag, accurate detection tools to quickly identify cases. Effective and as close to real time as possible tracing, notification and isolation system. Supply chain protection for food, med, and other essentials. So on.

RayRay10 and malakas like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I mean it’s one doctors story and thoughts. Not to be taken as official cdc insider info for sure. Just thought it was interesting to share. The inability to have a guest/caretaker situation is something few are thinking about. I know when my wife was in the ICU a few years back, I was the nurses #1 asset mainly cause of all the little things I did that allowed them to come only when absolutely necessary. Just an interesting thing to think about with this nightmare virus.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

She's not lying. It's about the only thing he's delivered on.

It's in poor taste, obviously, though.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. NewRoxFan

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

What a witch. I hope she crawls back into her hole and stays there.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. WNBA

WNBA Member

she was pointing out the fact. ... yeah it is unacceptable by trumpers standard.

how about the virus man who actually made America "first" happen?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

A CCP bootlicker says more nonsense? Really?

15. NewRoxFan

Wasn't one of the criticisms of rand paul was he was using the congressional gym after taking his CV test? And here's HHS just now closing their gym...

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

if a Trump virus licker said so.... must not be nonsense.

AleksandarN likes this.
  18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I haven't posted on the coronavirus topic in a while, but my early predictions that this thing is way overblown are coming to fruition. Death rates are massively overstated due to not having a reliable denominator (due to how many people have been tested...wouldn't surprise me if 1m Chinese had it at one point).

The bigtexxx plan:
    1. Test as many as possible
    2. Quarantine the vulnerable - elderly and those with pre-existing conditions
    3. Keep those who test positive away from the vulnerable.
    4. Create a massive incentive for drug companies and medical supply companies to provide supplies.
    5. Turn gyms and other large public buildings into temporary hospitals
    6. Relax the quarantine in almost all of the country except for the extreme hotspots. We have to get the country going again. This is madness to lockdown everybody.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would like it if my gym were turned into a hospital. Clean that damn place up. It's run down a bit a I love it.

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I would imagine that they would test the patients before moving them to make sure no asymptomatic patients are moved into those make shift hospitals