1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My sister most likely has contracted Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man. . . I am so sorry to hear this
    I am praying for your sister and your family
    I cannot express how deeply sorry and sad to heat this man

Stay strong .. . . . I pray they recover.

Rocket River

2. what

what Member

Well my mom woke up my sister about less than an hour ago and had her take a temperature and take two Tylenol and drink a Gatorade, and holy s*** but her temperature is down now!!!!!
    She doesn't seem to have a fever although she's really really weak.
    I hope this is a good sign because I can't lose my sister or my mom or her son to be honest.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s tough man. My wife’s aunt likely has it, tested negative for the flu and is showing multiple symptoms but doesn’t have access to an actual test. All her immediate family was able to do is quarantine her to a separate room of the house and care for her (luckily 2 of her sisters are doctors).

I hope your sister will recover.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Of course it is a good sign.
    You aren't going to lose anyone as long as you keep being as careful as you are now.

jcf likes this.
  5. what

what Member

Thanks

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is she able to get tested? Are you absolutely sure she has it?

I haven't read through this entire thread, but it seems a bit off-the-cuff by her doctor to just say she has it, without doing any investigating.

Regardless, I hope she pulls through and that you all stay safe.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Damn, man. Sorry to hear it, @what. I hope she recovers and no one else in your family gets it.

8. Senator

Senator Member

Get lots of bleach and hydrogen peroxide for all surfaces she touches, she will have to clean them herself.

Nothing she touches should go back to your mom even if cleaned.

Ethyl alcohol 70%+ works too, but it is impossible to get.

When she washes clothes should use bleach even if it damages fabric. Most medical students know this but with high stress and workload I have had some tell me that many forget the routine safety practices. Even doctors have.

Feed her nutritious wholesome food.

Jontro likes this.
  9. what

what Member

He said that she has been exposed to it. He didn't go so far as to say she has it.
    On the doctor's advice, i went to the store yesterday and bought her to big jars of vitamin c chewables, luckily my grandmother had a big unused bottle of Tylenol - that's another thing, if you guys aren't sick, then don't buy Tylenol, because people who are sick with it - require it.
    I also bought my sister about 3 packs of Gatorade cases.
    The chewables are for my mom and my nephew.
    From what I'm reading - far as it goes, it seems, and from the advice of our doctor - one of the better ways to fight coronavirus is to build up your immunity system which leads me to believe that there are people that are more likely to catch Coronavirus simply because they have a weak immunity system.
    I don't know that to be an absolute fact but I'm just guessing based on everything that we are being required to do.

#29 what, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Houstunna likes this.
  10. what

what Member

Yeah well you can't find none of that stuff hardly anywhere no more unfortunately.
    My sister is a nurse so I don't think she's going to be washing clothes she's just going to stay in that room and everything that's in there ain't coming out.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

it can go in cycles for many days. Stay strong and stay calm, and stay safe!

12. PhiSlammaJamma

All of her Titans gear must be burned after use. This includes the Titans jammies you lent her, the Titans sweatshirt, and the Tammy Jersey. We just can’t take the risk. If this home has been infected by Titan fandom, we’ve got to take this very seriously.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Best of luck!

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sorry to read that! I hope everyone pulls through okay. That's a horrible situation all around. Best wishes!

15. what

what Member

Lol, especially Mary Mariota

16. what

what Member

Her fever came back a little bit but it's still lower than what it was when she first contracted this. She says her cough is manageable, but her shoulders and neck are in excruciating pain.
    I was like as long as you don't have breathing problems that's a victory sis.
    Keep it up sis. Lets beat this.

17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

stay strong KING!!! @what

malakas likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

Great news. I am happy to hear it and I hope and pray she gets better soon. She seems to be right on her way to recovery.
    The fever can insist for some days but as you said as long as she doesn't develop any breathing problems it will be fine. Her body is kicking the butt of this virus.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to hear but unfortunately many of us are going to have similar stories soon.

I'm glad to hear it sounds like your sister might be on the road to recovery. Remember even after she seems to recover it might still be some time before her body has completely eradicated the virus.

Also I fully agree that it is very important we strengthen our immune systems. I've been pushing on social media that we need to exercise, eat right and get plenty of sleep. All of those things can increase our immune systems. They also increase our mental health and reduce stress. Stress can also weaken our immune system. I even put together a video specifically for people at Judo who can't work out anymore but it's got some simple exercises that everyone can do at home.

basso, B-Bob and malakas like this.
  20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So I was reading some articles. The number one way to catch this is STILL to live with someone. Prolonged close exposure is something like 85% of the case transmission (like most viruses). If someone in your household has it, you have a 10% chance of catching it. A Doctor saying "they live with them so they already have it" is completely false and actually pretty glib.

If someone in your household has it (or might have it), sequester them away and disinfect everything. Keep them locked up in their own room and only interact with them by leaving essentials by their door.

Additionally, in Texeas...9 people out of 10 that get tested for it DON'T have it. (not so in New York, but here that's the case). We're only testing people with symptoms, so there is a 90% chance its NOT COVID.