1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

So she changed her entire story... yeah this is believable. :rolleyes:

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If anybody wants to read more about her and the allegations.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe-biden-metoo-times-up/

The references to Dovere, a reporter with The Atlantic, and Painter stem from their Twitter posts that highlighted favorable comments Reade had made about Putin in a now-deleted post on Medium. “What if I told you that everything you learned about Russia was wrong?” she had written in one 2018 post. “President Putin scares the power elite in America because he is a compassionate, caring, visionary leader. … To President Putin, I say keep your eyes to the beautiful future and maybe, just maybe America will come to see Russia as I do, with eyes of love. To all my Russian friends, happy holiday and Happy New Year.”

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Something weird about this story is that it literally did not exist and all of a sudden there is a coordinated smear across multiple platforms by Conservatives and Bernie supporters about how Biden is a rapist, MSM is corrupt, and how Biden needs to drop out. Meanwhile the story was based on a SoundCloud audio file which accounts the experience differently from prior reporting and the story is being carried by a news website owned by a person who owns a lot of the Hip Hop/R&B stations in the US.

Conservatives are bad faith actors about this because Trump brags about sexually assault and cheating on his wife and they still wildly support him.

Bernie supporters on the other hand I get but I also don’t get. Bernie lost the primary even if it’s not over. He has not been able to muster the full support of the democratic electorate. They would rather see Trump
    than Biden which makes me question their motives entirely as the two are polar opposites and Biden is a lot closer to Bernie than Trump is.

Nook, Jayzers_100, Eric Riley and 4 others like this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

If it walks like a bear, talks like a bear, and ***** like a bear, it’s probably propaganda propagated by Russians.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is especially disheartening that a lot of his supporters ran with it.

Deckard, joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

More media outlets starting to call this into question. There's no hiding it anymore. Biden needs to come clean and explain what happened.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Why won't you support the alleged victim as we wait for due process on the alleged perpetrator?

8. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I do. I said it should be investigated on page 1.

Page 2, not 1

ipaman likes this.
  9. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Now OANN reporting on it... Major networks sure to follow. If this was a woman accusing ANY Republican of the same crime, she would have already been on all the morning shows, The View, and the entire evening circuit on Cable news.

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i apologize. i interpreted the "coordinated smear" description incorrectly.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Try harder

Eric Riley likes this.
  12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You can make a strong argument for voting for Joe Biden despite the allegation. Thee are very important reasons to get rid of the clown fascist Trump.

However, I don't think the argument for dismissing and trashing the woman is compatible w being pro-feminist. If the story is allowed to break into the mainstream news it will be interesting to see many of the prominent "me too" women who claim they always believe the woman chipping in to trash her.

AleksandarN likes this.
  13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

There's a whole swath of people who are initially skeptical of twenty-five-plus-year old, previously denied or undisclosed assault allegations that are either not corroborated by multiple third-party witness or levied by people who explicitly stated political opposition to the accused, and use ratings-based media outlets rather than investigative law enforcement entities to publicly allege criminal acts.

Nook likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's fine as long as whatever opinon one holds is consistent.

How many people in this thread took the Kavanaugh accusations seriously, how many claimed they were disgusted by how people immediately attacked the potential victim, how people shouldn't be dismissive, and are now doing the exact things they railed against?

And vice versa, how many people went from saying the Kavanaugh accusation was a disgraceful stunt, to now calling for this to be now taken seriously?

Some are consistent, but party hacks are everywhere.

glynch, cml750 and Corrosion like this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

A whole lot of them flipped their flop ....

16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Lucy Flores, another woman Biden harassed and assaulted, weighs in:

17. cml750

cml750 Member

Whether the accusation is true or not, you are spot on saying if it was an accusation against Trump the accuser would be seen everywhere tling her story and the media and left would treat it as it was 100% true whether it was or not.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It just blows my mind that after eight years the Democrats are STILL trotting out candidates that have dirt on them and may have some very weak links in their chain, so to speak.

Why can't the Democrats put forward a fore-thinking, young, people-uniter?

There were a couple that were running. They just got tossed wayside for a chump. A chump I guess I'm stuck voting for...

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

It's a good thing dip$hit supporters have this thread to relieve them from their cognitive dissonance in regards to the ongoing historically abysmal failure of the mistake-in-chief.

Just Biden his time till we flush the turd on November 3rd.

CARRY ON

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump had multiple accusers and they were all dismissed. At the time you called them unworthy of being pursued. Now you want it to be pursued with Biden? When the timing of it was right now?

She deserves to have her voice, and she has. Her story has been written up by Newsweek, the Huffpost, the Hill, it's out there. Biden may have sexually assaulted her, or not. We don't know, and will likely never know as it's her word against his. But the timing of her coming forward serves Trump well, and it's hard to see that as purely coincidental. Why now? is a fair question to ask.

And guess what, Trump doesn't get to win on this one. He has no leg to stand on when it comes to sexual assault. It's absolutely hypocritical for you to say she gets to have her story but to attack others when it was a candidate you were supporting.

joshuaao and Two Sandwiches like this.