1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Those girls in bikinis are not going to sex themselves.

But maybe they will. I would want to be there for that too.

#4501 No Worries, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Houstunna, Yung-T and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If the US sees another 8x increase in the next 7 days, we might be squarely in the worst case scenario.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Rammstein singer also in ICU due to Coronavirus.

Edit: Sorry, saw Yung-T already posted this.

#4503 AroundTheWorld, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    malakas, CCity Zero and Yung-T like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

I've been thinking about this since the beginning. It could be a serious nightmare.

Think about it. Coronavirus rampant at its peak in Houston, grocery stores sacked, tens of thousands of homes are flooded, hospitals overun, all the streets are flooded, powers out, tap water unsafe to drink, chem plant explodes...

[​IMG]

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Coronavirus live updates: UK’s Boris Johnson tests positive, mall staple retailers announce massive furloughs

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

listening to npr affiliate of NYC. They are about to run a story on build-it-yourself ventilators. "Can they work."

it's come to that. "Doc. Hey, Doc. Hook my Uncle Luigi up to this. I made it last night for him. It works. Trust me."

7. likestohypeguy

Italians were sending us explicit video warnings, even dumbed down to scifi movie themes that we might better pay attention to, like "I am you two weeks in the future... but you can change the timeline"

Then america collectively said hold my beer:

[​IMG]

WTF!

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Hard to take a virus seriously when the leader of the free world posts contradicting information daily and spends more time talking about polling numbers, TV ratings and how well received he is by his contemporaries. I mean threatening to withhold ventilators for states being hit the hardest right now is just plain evil. How do you justify support of Trump knowing that people are going to drown in their own bacterial ridden fluids in their lungs and at best receive analgesics just to ease the transition of passing away? I'd rather die instantly from a bullet or high impact vehicle than run a high grade fever that causes me to have hellish nightmarish hallucinations and drown in my infection slowly over the period of a few days in an overrun hospital lacking medical staff and equipment that could have potentially saved my ass. This is just evil.

These are Americans. I thought his populist rhetoric was supposed to mean he gave a **** about Americans.

I'm not surprised though considering Trump also downplayed the number of soldiers affected by the air strike Iran did. He threw his own soldiers under the bus and down played their injuries just to save face with his existing constituency. Trump is evil.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

snowconeman22, RayRay10 and Yung-T like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Japan obviously did not test their people massively because of the Olympics, now that the games are on hold, they should do more wide spread testing.

malakas, RayRay10, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

What do you all think about the Houston area? Numbers seem relatively low. Does that mean we're doing a good job, or does it just mean we're behind (testing or timeline wise) and we should expect it to spike real soon?

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What happened to the other graph that was shaping up to be a massive wiener with balls?

[​IMG]

Yung-T and Xerobull like this.
  13. Victorious

Victorious Member

Funniest sheit ever lol

14. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

15. PhiSlammaJamma

What I'm thinking is now is the time to let the aliens invade, corona kills them all, and we take all their tech. This is how it has been done for ions. You look weak, suck the predator in, and kill it. It's how the pyramids were built. We can advance our medical technology and tv resolution with the new tech. And that my friends, is our way out of this.

Kim, BaselineFade, malakas and 6 others like this.
  16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DU.

DU HAST.

DU HAST COVID.

malakas and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, I’m in favor of this

cops need to roam the streets like a bunch of angry black moms and whoop these idiot’s asses who want to gather in large groups and refuse to do social distancing

BaselineFade, TMac'n and FrontRunner like this.
  20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You've mentioned an oxymeter before. As someone that's taking this very seriously and is preparing as if getting the virus is inevitable, why do you think an oxymeter is important?

malakas likes this.