1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

I go to one convenience store now, for my beer and ice and whatnot. Dude that runs it is totally paranoid about cleaning every.****ing.surface. I had to talk him down a few days ago because he thought they were going to shut him down. I said "NO" you are gas and groceries, you're essential, to me at least.

Mazulis, CCity Zero and Kim like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

I just don't get it.

People do not give a **** around here so far. It may hit us hard soon, but we won't know until the hospitals are overrun. ****.

CCity Zero and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Yea, I ran to a convenience store for my first trip out in days. Looked like regular traffic and apparently the guys with the city lawn mowing contract are essential......

Sajan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

you obviously know this... but at this rate it’s not what could happen but what will happen. If they’re not taking it seriously they will catch it... eventually.

the us has gone from 12k to 80k cases in a week. At that rate it’ll be 640k cases next week and 5+ million in two weeks. It’ll still be early April.

this next week might be the “big” week in the sense that... 640k+ cases... maybe then people will wake the f up??

CCity Zero and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I wonder if Rudy knows most of those deaths are still going to happen (though I guess there will be a reduction in accidents, crime type deaths... but at the same time other medical deaths probably increase)??

it’s not like we’re replacing one death for another - as morbid as that sounds.

I mean wasn’t this dude the mayor during 9/11. How many people died then compared to the 645k+ or whatever number it is he’s citing annually? A death is a death.

Richie_Rich, CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  7. Senator

Senator Member

Stop posting r****ded stuff like this giving people false hope. It's only going to make them more angsty when they can't run out of their homes and do what they want in a couple weeks.

This is going to drag on for some time.

The US is not a nation of 5 million people like Slovakia. They are not a slower nation of common sense like most Eastern European countries. They have absolutely nothing in common with any of the smaller nations or even a country like Germany which has manufacturing facilities and the templates/materials to produce test kits in house.

There is a far higher percentage of 20-50 year olds going into critical here in the US, could be mutation, could be terrible diet and lifestyle choices, could be genetics. But that stats do not lie.

Right now everyone needs to stay at home. eat as little as possible , you do not need daily grocery runs. Do not be shy to tell your friends if they aren't doing so.

#4487 Senator, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  8. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

I dont see any numbers about Bulgaria and pretty sure your more aware about the situation in Greece than me.
    Just looking on the numbers published it looks like Slovenia is doing great job in testing and isolating cases and i think that Slovakia is very problamtic,due to their low testing number there is a lot of missing information.
    Just for comparision: Solvenia population is 39% of Solvakia population while the did 3 times the amount of test Slovakia did.

malakas likes this.
  9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Wear gloves or something and you won't have to rely on others. It's common with shoppers in my area. You shouldn't be touching random things in public and touching your face/mouth to begin with even before all this mess.

donkeypunch and Jontro like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ok... the one at the end where he throws it... LOL

Sajan likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

China needs to axe the wet market and go with the modern butcher shop. like refrigeration and basic cleanliness .
    Like not stacking 20 chickens, 20 bats, and 20 pangolins and chop them alive and give them to people who think it's great to eat these animals.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

If they are chopping up pangolins it's gone too far. Too far people. That's just wrong.

[​IMG]

NotInMyHouse, malakas, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How did Serbia peak, they were behind Switzerland and Austria last time I checked. One week or more.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The US and Korea basically switch places from start to finish.

Let keep our social distance, stay home, and hopefully a cure arrives quickly.

FrontRunner and daywalker02 like this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Rammstein singer breh in ICU, hit hard.

16. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Most places I’ve been into (grocery stores) seem to be doing a lot. I make sure I take the precautions and at least know I did my part - gloves ( that I remove as soon as I return to the car, I have sanitizer, food grade hydrogen peroxide, alcohol - I use all before and after - then I use the copper zap which we’ve had for years. Copper kills quite a bit of virus bugs and bacteria- rub it on my hands and then insert into each nostril for a minute. I take my own shopping bags as well, keep my sunglasses and mask (or buff) on so not to touch my face, and give people Wide berths and avoid busy aisles. I make sure to know what I need and use Swat team tactics to maneuver through. All we can do but most places I’ve seen are doing a lot.

here in Austin one of our grocery stores Wheatsville on south lamer reported their first positive in an employee - someone without contact with customers.

peleincubus, RustyHarden and Yung-T like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Houstunna and Yung-T like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Man this is bad

Can’t lose Bushwick and Scarface
    Hang in there

Houstunna likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Wow. There is no "social distancing" in the military, There is only "combat readiness", which appears to be significantly impacted by CV.

I will let the gentle reader connect those dots.