1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Well here about 10% of the death at this point were age 40.

They both were under medical observation, one in ICU. He died from obstruction in the pulmonary veins.

They both were having mild symptoms for over 10 days and in a matter of hours got so bad they died.

Now they are doing exhausting autopsies to find some hidden underlying pathologies.

Who knows if everyone here has some underlying pathology that needs a university professor in your autopsy to diagnose?Are you kidding?

I bet all people on earth would have something wrong in their bodies if the experts tried to find it.

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

As bad as things are in Spain, I thought the Spanish government would have shut down their transport systems by now to restrict the movement of people.

3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

In my county, people between ages 20 - 39 make up nearly half the 170 + confirmed cases. Knowing how difficult it's been to get a test in these parts, I can only assume they're not mild cases.

Seeing how busy the bars were for St Patrick's Day (and how many people are crawling all over the parks even this afternoon), I fear it's going to get much worse soon.

* I updated the cases

#4263 FrontRunner, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Houstunna, Mazulis and malakas like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

These were repatriation flights. We can't let our citizens to die in Spain. All flights from everywhere will be shut for good from tomorrow.

But Spain has trains buses and the metro working for the essential workers. Not only them.

Here was the London tube from yesterday.

All "essential" workers. Even more crowded than usual.

Houstunna, No Worries and Nook like this.
  5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Few days old now, but still very good information.

GIGO and B-Bob like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Houstunna, Nook, Dgn1 and 4 others like this.
  7. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Houstunna and malakas like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yep, looked up, the Netherlands with 80 deaths today.

Mazulis and malakas like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

lol :D
    Let the UK volunteer itself to become the world's experimental rat.
    (Though I am afraid Trump will rush to do the same with the US without waiting for confirmation so people can go back to work).

We don't know how good these tests are,, how sensitive and we don't know if there are multiple strains with cross immunity in the UK.

In Iceland they already found 40 different mutations.
    One strain from Italy, one from Austria a different one from Spain and another from Italy.
    One guy had two different strains on his body at the same time.

We just don't know if these different "strains" mean difference in contagiousness, mortality and immunity.

So let the UK try it for us and see what happens.

Mazulis likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess Prince Charles ain't important.

Mazulis likes this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Don't underestimate the Royals, they are infiltrating and inserting royals all over the world secretly. There are two Royals taking over Canada as we speak and nobody is even questioning it.

12. likestohypeguy

Sajan likes this.
  13. SuraGotMadHops

Jesus man you're really wearing me the eff out. We're all worried, we're all scared, and there's nothing we can do about it except follow the orders and guidelines of our government and the CDC and do our best not to spread the infection. Constantly obsessing over all the devastating effects of the disease and the death count does absolutely NOTHING except increase the tension, stress, and anxiety over this whole ordeal. You're sounding less like a concerned citizen and more like a tragedy w****. It's people like you that are the reason mental health concerns have risen as the pandemic has increased in scale. Seriously, get a grip man.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What medication, though?

15. donkeypunch

It'd be fine if all they brought was the good spirited energy, their food and left all the negative **** along with their coon ass accents back in the boot.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  16. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

As a 42 y/o in relatively decent shape, but with mild asthma, this is getting scarier and scarier. At first I was only worried about my parents, then my older brother with severe asthma. But now it seems like this could directly impact me and my wife and kids. It's a good thing we have all been social distancing for about 12 days now, but it's scary as hell to think that this could kill me if it does come home for some reason.

#4276 JeeberD, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

fyi. malakas is a female

18. donkeypunch

[​IMG]

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah. It's not good. Likely above 10% chance you'd need to visit the hospital. Possibly 3% chance you'd need ICU care. And your chances of survival seem to depend on where in the cycle you fall -- if you're in a hospital logjam or not.

The data on people's chances to actually get this (even with complete failure in testing) still doesn't terrify me. Not with precautions in place. But the data on what happens to you IF you get this... it's hardly Ebola-bad. But it's definitely scary in today's era of modern medicine.

Wishing you the best.

JeeberD likes this.
  20. likestohypeguy

Sure. I have no problem with the accents, and will even throw in all their whiskey dented blacked out trucks with saints decals, if they'd just leave the virus along with the rest of it behind in the swamps.

donkeypunch likes this.