1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Not the most confidence inspiring press conference.....

2. malakas

malakas Member

I don't see much difference than what most european lock downs are like? All these businesses remain open here too except in Italy where they closed...2 days ago!
    Only Wuhan was different.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Oh okay.
    So it is still allowed to have a birthday party in a park with 300 children and parents?

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's a soft-version of a "hard" marketing campaign (stay at home order vs scarier shelter in place order) to pressure more businesses to close and people to stop going out.

Police and Fire Marshals will only enforce so much on top of that.

It's funny, I guarantee you that you will STILL SEE construction projects going for the CITY during the entirety of this crisis.

This is still America. Unfortunately ignorant people will continue to ignore the problem. BUT - this does absolutely help. And that's the game here. Getting numbers as low as possible. The idea of getting everyone locked down at home is crazy. This isn't China.

Victorious likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

As long as you practice social distancing apparently lol

malakas likes this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

and if they don't then what happens? They are fined?

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Dude i'm in the ****ing office right now I don't think its "trivial" i'm ****ing disappointed.

Houstunna, Nook and MSBRockets like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nothing. Maybe a give me some space from the person next to you

malakas likes this.
  9. BenjaminChen

BenjaminChen Member

I don't know.Let's just hope for the best.It sucks when we have to waste our time like this.

10. malakas

malakas Member

It can be a first step with gradual harder measures.

In most european countries plumbers, electricians, car repair, groceries, only take out cafes/restaurants, pharmacies, construction, and factories remain open.
    But most shops are closed, insurancers, hairdressers etc.

Italy closed their construction and factories only 2 days ago.

Also I don't think americans are more rebelious than the french.

11. HTM

HTM Member

I rarely see more then a dozen workers on any major construction project in Houston (downtown buildings or highway projects) and they usually social distance fairly well. It's actually amazing to me how anything gets built with so few construction workers working on these huge projects.

12. malakas

malakas Member

well that's no good.
    Mass gatherings MUST be banned. This is essential to stop super spreading.

This virus is super contagious, with an estimated RO of 3 and that's without superspreading events.
    An infected child in a birthday party of 300 people could lead in 1 week later to have infected over 5000 people alone.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

A properly managed project has far less idle resources.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That's a lot of square footage and measuring involved. We have to get a Coronavirus Measurement Technician (CMT) out there to confirm safe social distancing. And, the party will need a method to transfer the food and drink to each person at safe social distancing. It's going to be hard to pull off...but can be done under the new guidelines. ;)

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Waiting is dangerous though, as you know. We know this is going to get worse. And I'm smart enough to know they wont take hard measures until the numbers get REALLY big and people start REALLY panicking. Which... is too late. That's too late, man. But nobody is going to act based on projects. Only hard numbers. That is a failure. Ongoing failure.

malakas likes this.
  16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Soooo.. Basically business as usual. Gottt it.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Republicans new mantra..."America is open for business. Return to your jobs and lives. Continue to practice social distancing. If you die...you die." .

Nook, bcast89, RudyTBag and 1 other person like this.
  18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Basically. If anything, it just justified some companies to keep having their employees come into the office.

19. malakas

malakas Member

I thought that Texas as a whole was much more behind than other states with only few deaths and cases.

The "gradual" escalation will be fairly soon, like in the matter of 3-4 days later.

The important thing is information and education and a clear message from politicians and the media.
    If most people realise that social distancing is not just an advice but a way to save their own lives then most will start practising it without the police having to intervene.

The airplanes from California and NY must stop though or at least every arrival must be ordered to be quarantined.

Also what about public transportation? Aren't there any limit to the number of passengers?
    Or you don't use a lot of public transportation in Houston? Buses , trains etc?

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Another Silver lining... there will be a lot sex happening when this over when hot women need their piping serviced ...AND as HIV smiles wryly from it's hidden lair in wait.

[​IMG]

#4120 PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    daywalker02 likes this.