1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

also, we’re seeing that this virus isn’t just a problem for the elderly or those with pre-existing conditions

I’m not in the “high risk” group...I’m healthy, in good shape, etc...I still don’t want to risk catchIng this sh*t

Ziggy, CCity Zero, tinman and 2 others like this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Largely misleading. If you're sick, a face mask will will greatly reduce you from spreading droplets. Additionally, a face mask also reduces inadvertent hand-to-face contamination while wearing a mask.

noppeper, Nook, Richie_Rich and 6 others like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Have yall ever walked into a Public British restroom to wash your hands? You might as well wish for the Covid itself.UK is getting boned.

Jontro likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah, this was addressed before. it primarily helps if you're actually sick and helps limits what you spread but tbh if you're sick you shouldn't be out and about anyway.

but as far as protecting you from getting viruses it doesn't do much. if someone coughs on you, a simple face mask isn't stopping that. drops will absolutely go through. a simple face mask doesn't seal your entire face and has tons of holes in it and nothing gets filtered. you breath all that in immediately. and the correct thing to do is discard that mask immediately but that doesn't happen outside of the medical field for the everyday person wearing one of those

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No I don't think I answered it.

50 million is not a super small country. Unless you're talking about the actual physical size of the country which seems irrelevant if not a counter-argument due to the population density being more problematic for the spread of this virus, as we are seeing first hand in New York.

malakas and No Worries like this.
  6. hooroo

hooroo Member

so brits need to be informed about cow urine and americans on rimming in relation to covid... no wonder the world is in this state.

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Here is where I stand ... I think we need to hunker down until the antibodies test is ready and start from there with folks that have the antibodies.

If we just push forward without regard to the situation in favor of the economy, I am concerned that the health care system will be decimated, and millions may die (not just of Covid but of all the other regular emergencies that don't get treated) causing panic and chaos, maybe even riots over who gets care and who does not. I think millions of Americans dying and the resulting panic and stress that this causes will also tank the economy and we will have the worst of both sides. I just wish this "15 day" think was not done half-ass by so many selfish Americans. Done right, we could have been ready with a good plan to open the country going forward (ideally with rapid testing readily available) ... not sure we can get there in the near term without a legit stay at home lockdown

Richie_Rich, malakas, Mazulis and 2 others like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

considering the list of businesses considered essential, this order seems completely pointless. non essential in the vast minority.

RKREBORN and davidio840 like this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wives do that their husbands all the time:)

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Stops at March 20th

The jump the past few days was enormous.

Cool video. Life lessons learned.

#4052 Houstunna, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    TMac'n and malakas like this.
  13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My company emailed us a letter today to carry with us should our areas go shelter-in-place. We’re considered essential because we provide essential equipment for hospitals, grocery stores, construction, restaurants, etc. The world will go on without me selling for a bit. I’ll make sure my established customer are running but I’m not worried about getting out to see anyone.

And I’m kind of struggling with the fact that I might need papers to carry with me. It’s silly and maybe a tad over-dramatic, but it’s just f***ing weird to think about.

#4053 leroy, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You really think China release the true total number of sick in their country? Hell they were afraid to release ANY information until they knew it was too late and couldn't hide it.

Nook, TMac'n, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

good luck doing anything more strict in this state without starting a panic.

Americans can’t do what the Italians and Spanish are doing. They are too stupid and rebellious.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

At the moment, I don’t give a damn about China’s dishonesty and what they’ve withheld from their own people and the world. To be clear, I don’t disagree with you. What I care about is any honest information they can give us about battling this thing at least in the ball park of effectively. I also hope that they don’t decide to start a conflict in the region as a means of distracting their people from a collapsing economy.

I’m more concerned that our leadership appears to have nothing resembling a coherent plan to tackle this crisis. Saying different things from one day to the next, sometimes contradicting what’s being said in the same briefing, doesn’t exactly inspire confidence, in my opinion. I’ve seen Andrew Cuomo, Governor of New York, give regular briefings that are clear, coherent, and inspire confidence, even if you might disagree with some of what he said. Heck, I saw Boris Johnson, who’s made mistakes left and right handling the virus in the UK, give a strong statement today to his people. It was impressive, if a day late and a dollar short.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good lord. This gets worse by the day. It’s like a nightmare that you can’t wake up from.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Now that's scary...

Yung-T, malakas and mikol13 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Yung-T and malakas like this.