1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Assumption: 72 games this season, 125M tax line next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Mar 21, 2020.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

I don’t trust small market any more. They won’t win the west.

Nuggets
    Jazz
    Pelicans
    Grizzlies
    Thunder

They are not planning to pay 80 million tax a season.

2. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Rockets were barely contenders this year (face it the season is over). There is little reason to think they will be contenders for 9 more seasons. Harden will walk soon with a cost cutting owner and has apexes already, Brodie plays hard but is a 1 trick pony, Fertitta’s AJ Soprano son will be the GM soon. The only silver lining is the cancellation of the season may protect Morey a little from firing; at least for a few more months.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Honestly and let's be honest here. All major sports are in trouble after this is over. Attendance will be slashed because we'll be entering near great depression levels of unemployment and people will not have the disposable income to attend NBA games. I expect the only teams to weather this storm will be teams in major cities. Small markets are going to get crushed by this.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The only sport that actually counts on attendance as a major source of revenue is baseball, and their sport is by far the most affordable. They may have to slash ticket prices, and there will be a slump, but it will only be for a few years likely won't impact much. Hell the looming strike is a far bigger issue for that sport

The NBA and NFL primarily make their money off TV, and ratings won't suffer. They will take a hit on attendance, but it won't be hard to weather.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m in Canada and people are being very responsible with the social distancing and I think it’ll help tremendously and things will get positive a lot sooner than most people tend to believe. I have friends in NY and L.A. who say people around them are being complete idiots about it and totally irresponsible. What’s Texas like?

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

based on what i'm seeing, people are taking this very seriously.

some people were irresponsible when it first started to impact the office, but they've now accepted the fact that they need to stay on point to make sure everyone else can stay safe other than just them.

lots of selfish people everywhere though. looks like Florida is America's asscrack right now.