1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y’all getting haircuts or gonna wait it out for a while?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Yordan, Mar 19, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.click2houston.com/healt...of-the-coronavirus-cases-in-the-houston-area/

Friday, March 20
    11 p.m. — Fort Bend County Judge closes gyms, salons

Fort Bend County officials announced that Judge KP George had amended the order to close local businesses, to include gyms, salons and other facilities. The new order will go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday.

“Gyms, fitness centers and other facilities that are used or intended to be used for any type of training, martial arts or sports shall close,” officials tweeted. “Hair and nail salons, spas, massage and tattoo parlors, movie theaters, game rooms and bingo halls shall close. Access to Fort Bend County facilities shall be limited to the public.”

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The only time I pay for a haircut is if I feel the urge to get a straight razor shave on my dome or if I screwed up my beard and need a trim.

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Shaggy style rocks.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I need a f@cking hair cut, haven't had one in over 4 weeks. Usually get one every 2 weeks... f@cken blows ball's

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I got my wife to pass the number 4 all over. No fade, no edge up. Looks clean enough. Just a Rona cut.

ima_drummer2k and B-Bob like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I have mild receding, pretty good for being in my 40s but I hate having hair in the Summers here so 10 years ago I decided to buzz it with a 1. The lady who had cut my hair since I was 14 said she'd never see me again and I lold.

I've never seen her again. I absolutely love a close shaved head and thankfully I was born with a normal dome. I shave it once a week. Short showers, so much cooler for sleep, no more twice a month $50 salon visits and after a few trims you learn how to cut behind the ears and neck with ease. So glad I did it and although my hair wants to grow thick I stop that ****.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good on you my clutchbro!

I do a 7 up top, on the sides and back I fade up from a 1 to a 2 and finally a 3 at the top. Easy stuff. Sometimes I hit the edges in the back with a 0 after my wife cleans up my neck.

For reference, each number is 1/8th of an inch.

If I didn’t have a day job, I would probably grow a rat tail and dye my hair blue.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I recall from seeing a photo of you posted some years back at a ClutchFans get together (perhaps someone could post it?) that you have or had a full head of hair. Quite impressive. If you still have it, I’m jealous. Little remains of the very long wavy mane I once possessed. Sorry about your salon. I last got what little I have left cut about 2 weeks ago by a lovely lady we’ve been using for years. Probably the last cut for months. Oh, the sacrifices we must make to live!

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Time to check in with y'all. I got lucky with a March 14 cut right before everything shut down here. Even that felt risky.

Ima just gonna grow it out. I just can't imagine (until a vaccine?) when we're going to let public barbers/stylists near our heads. Can you imagine a more infectious job? You gotta feel sorry for them.

I've got the clippers ready in a pinch and did cut my own hair (like @LonghornFan style) for many years.

12. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I haven't cut my hair since 2016.

Deckard likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

you probably have moe's jesus hair he has in the 2000s

K mf G likes this.
  14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wife trimmed my sides by the ears and the rapidly growing mullet last week.Looks a little better, but still my head looks like a giant mushroom. Haven't had a haircut since December.

I have some clippers but only one size guard (smallest one) and when I tried to buy some on Amazon, they're all sold out. Lot's of guys cutting their own hair, I guess.

Jontro likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Proper suction is the key!

Deckard and Exiled like this.
  16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Just cut my hair this weekend btw

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I gotta big melon, so normal baseball caps just don't work for me. Never really felt like getting fitted ones, so I just don't wear hats. Had to break down and buy a few 7 7/8s. Still pissed at B.O.B, so instead of Texans, I bought Saints.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Got a set of clipper guards arriving from Amazon on Wednesday, so gonna finally try cutting my own hair this week. Desperate times call for desperate measures. No haircut since early December...

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

barbershops probably opening within the next 2 weeks. finally

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

you went to the barber? i applaud your courage

K mf G likes this.