1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

39 year old, ended up in the hospital.

For those who think the virus can't hurt them because they aren't in the risky groups :

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. Buck Turgidson

Are you still mad at us Americans?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ppl broke into a car and smashed its windows to steal a few rolls of toilet paper lmao.
    Corona really showing how hysterical and dumb a lot of the population is.

CCity Zero and Gdaliya like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/ec-expects-coronavirus-vaccine-on-the-market-by-autumn/53419
    https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/...-company-curevac-wants-deliver-vaccine-autumn
    https://investmentu.com/curevac-ipo-coronavirus-vaccine-going-public/

malakas, B-Bob and Yung-T like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He tested negative for Flu. We have to call the family doctor. Not sure if they'll order a coronavirus test or not.

Could be a septic hip causing all of this but the labs don't support it. He scored a 50 out of 100 on that scale.

Nook and malakas like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My biggest question since she mentions to stop smoking is- was she a smoker?

It’s a good message either way.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The high fever, shaking + limp due to extreme hip pain was exactly what happened when I had a salmonella infection +resulting blood poisoning that led to me falling into a coma and nearly dying due to multiple organ failure, so try to tell them about that possibility and have them take a stool sample.

Every minute could be crucial.

CCity Zero, Kim, malakas and 3 others like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

I don't think it's anything like that. I think his symptoms aren't that severe. He had labs ran and they were good.

Just got word that they are going to test him at some point. Not sure when.

Our concern is small, to be honest, but the fact that there was some secondary exposure (this doctor ate the same foods my wife ate...like dips and cake, and she worked in his operating room...then she has been with my son), the fact that he has some symptoms (although we have none), and that we both work with immunocompromised patients, makes me glad they'll actually test him.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

was he tested for bacteria? septic arthritis if you physically suspected can be a possibility.

Lab test will show WBC ,ESR,CRP if you have it let me know what range

also Imaging, is a must utrasono for small joint effusion to be certain,x-ray can be if you have quick access but won't be conclusive

12. VanityHalfBlack

Sylvester Turner is not shutting down the city anytime soon.

DoitDickau likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

But apparently there’s people that knows someone that knows someone at the pentagon that says otherwise

mario_v and davidio840 like this.
  14. opticon

opticon Member

I don't think a shut down is coming. Its easier to close all points of interest, (Malls, Clubs, Gyms, etc...). If you tell people you can't go anywhere for any reason the burdon to provide food for everyone goes to the government which is a herculean task that they want no part of. It's easier and better for the economy to let people be responsible for getting their own food.

At this point, I think things will stay the way they are and eventually more things will open once the government feels the curve is flat enough. The elderly and people with compromised immune systems of all ages will have to live much differently for many months to come. At least that's how it feels here in Fort bend.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Observation:
    Stats as of this morning, for confirmed cases,
    USA=Germany=Spain=Iran (give or take)

That is unlikely the underlying reality. To me, it looks like a bunch of Geiger counters all maxed out b/c they can’t measure enough people.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea that's why I mentioned my case and taking a stool sample, the hip thing sounds like my septic arthritis.

The fever and pain was okay at first but then went 0-100 rapidly, so @EddieWasSnubbed ya should definitely ask for it.

18. Two Sandwiches

We may be headed back to the ER today for a swab for Covid-19. I'll have to inquire.

Thanks bros!

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dr. Li the whistleblower who first tried to warn people about the virus was only 34 when he died from it.

It's way late but I guess better than never.
    Coronavirus: China apologises to family of doctor who died after warning about COVID-19
    https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ho-died-after-warning-about-covid-19-11960679

malakas and Yung-T like this.
  20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I have had literally 2 people I work with tell me this in the past day or so.

One was their cousins boyfriends dad works for Homeland Security and said a nationwide shutdown is imminent. Sure...

Another said their aunts (who is a nurse) coworker said her husbands friend of a friend is a top doc at Memorial also said a nationwide shut down is going into effect this weekend. Like how would a doctor know that?

It’s insanely sad what people do for attention.

YOLO likes this.