1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

The fact that we could've attempted to sign Gurley is what makes this even worse but I don't think it would've made a difference bc BOB was out to trade Hopkins regardless. This franchise is going nowhere with butt chin running the show dude thinks he's Belichek but hasn't accomplished a damn thing in this league yet our stupid owner gave him all the power he needs to do as he pleases.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think what made it worst was as soon as the sht trade went through. Another team paid a sht ton of picks for a player, we knew was inferior to Hopkins. Meaning that BoB didn't fking care about picks/values, but took the first offer available regardless if it was a good one.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Two of Johnson's teammates averaged 5+ ypc running behind the same line last season while David executed a measly 3.5

This deal was so horrible, it's almost like Bill did it just to spite Deandre.

"Look, you're only worth a 2nd round pick!!"

I hope NRG is empty next season.

4. conquistador#11

are these national media peeps? They're all missing the train. Heynow called it a spite-trade which is the best description I've heard and it's more dangerous than incompetency, then you add the incompetency as the cherry on top of the poop sundae.

Hey Now! and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I still can’t believe Arizona had the balls to even suggest such a lopsided trade, not to mention O’Brien actually taking it. It really is as if there were no negotiations whatsoever on his part. I mean we’ve all gone over this again and again, but you really can’t overstate how horrible this organization is managed. For the life of me, I’ll never understand how the Texans record has been as good as it’s been, because they’re a legitimate clown show of a team and have been for years.

6. sanedolt

sanedolt Member

it certainly looks like BOB purpose David Johnson + 2nd + 4th. Arizona asked for a 4th in return and O'brien agreed.

7. fattz

fattz Member

It’s BOB goal to take away ALL the talent then coach us to victory.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

BOB coaching on hard mode.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Can someone find David Johnson and do something to make him to fail his physical? That is our only hope at this point in time.

I hope DeAndre balls out next year and has the best season of his career.

**** BoB! I would honestly say that to his face if I met him.

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yeah, maybe, I’d love to know how it all actually went down. The whole thing is just baffling.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  11. Xopher

Xopher Member

MG3 signed with Denver for an average of 6.7m per season...

12. mockster

mockster Member

David Johnson better watch out, he could get jumped before his physical, Texans fans are that heated

TheRealist137 likes this.
  13. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Nah, he's collateral damage. We want BOB.

mockster and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I honestly do feel bad for the guy.

If we had just taken on his bad contract and got compensation to do so then I think most here would shrug and go "We'll see what he does..."

But now he has the pressure to be an elite RB again and the stats and the fact that other RBs ran better behind the same oline likely means he'll be pretty bad here.

Houstunna and YOLO like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I feel bad for him too because, from all indications, he’s a pretty good dude. It’s not his fault that he got traded to a bunch of idiots.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can track the reactions literally in this thread from page 1 onto the next, bc many of us just assumed oh they grabbed DJ at value. He's just been bit by the injury bug etc. probably gave up a late pick or so, lets see what happens. a minute or so later, traded for hopkins and full details of what the texans gave up.

what an immediate flip of the switch. every deal thats happened after makes it that much worse. what's below rock bottom. pretty much this move lol

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Melvin gordon, Deshaun watson, and deandre Hopkins could have been the sickest trio.

eliefor3, TEXNIFICENT, BMoney and 3 others like this.
  18. meh

meh Contributing Member

When has Houston fans ever put pressure on any player? Duke Johnson was traded for a 3rd, became a part time backup RB, is paid like a starting RB, and if you're to survey Texans fans they would mostly say hes been great.

Tunsil was traded for 2 1st rounders, played alright, Watson still got sacked, he got sacked even more during the postseason, and again Texans fans still believe that was a good trade.

Mercilus got a huge extension and played mediocre and no one says anything.

JJo has been a mediocre CB for years now while being paid like a no.1 and again nothing.

Texans fans pretty much dont care about anything as long as they dont pull a Bud Adams. I bet you by the time the season starts there will once again be a lot of optimism and enough spinning from BOB to make it seem like this wasnt a disaster

red5rocket likes this.
  19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The "good" record is combination of 1) the ability to win close games 2) RAC 3) weak division and 4) Deshaun.

The division was weak before Watson, and now we win because of him in a better division.

But despite the record, we're usually negative in point-diff (or close to it) which really gets exposed when playing better teams both regular season and playoffs.

Plowman and Hank McDowell like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol no. this team sucks