1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

Banks aren't going to run out of money anytime soon. Feds have already announced they will be unlimited repo operations to keep them solvent.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Fed can announce whatever they want with the repo market but even they are not large enough to stop a systemic panic last seen in 08.

Capital requirement ratios enforced on big banks do buffer against credit seizures in theory but we all better hope everyone sees light at the end of a months long tunnel

nolimitnp likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Fed has an infinite amount of money. Really they just buy the assets and put them on assets side of the ledger and just put corresponding debt on the debit side. They aren't really creating new money. They can simply just buy assets wait when it stabilizes and sells them when the panic is over. That is what happened with TARP.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

On WAITR, is there an investment thesis on the company? Or do you think it's popping just due to it being a food delivery service. Asking because the company tanked hard in 2019, went from $14+ down to 30 cents. Leads me to believe it's a leadership/management issue and they ran the company into the ground. Do they still have the same leaders?

jsingles likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

Lol what are you talking about? WIth the commercial paper funding facility the Feds can literally borrow any sum of money to a corporation in exchange for any sort of collateral. They can even trade-in junk bonds or literally anything the feds seem fit. The government won't allow the system to crash because the world as we know would melt down.

6. jsingles

jsingles Member

To answer the more pertinent question, i think the sky rocket in price is because of it being a food delivery service. I think this keeps the stock in good territory for a while, the longer this goes on while delivery service continues the better for the app. What might be just as important though is they did get a new CEO, at the beginning of the year. January and February both say decent gains of 5-6%. WTRH was threatened de-listment because the previous CEO didn't do ****. It's too early to tell though what happens long term, this new CEO was given this situation on a silver platter, who knows what they'll do when the virus runs its course.

CCity Zero and TheRealist137 like this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

According to New Yorker's, the light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Magneto and Black Panther have reportedly lost billions. It's a free fall.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, definitely agree with you on this.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm not in AYTU at the moment (already made profits)... But watch the pre-market volume/price - might be a gap up or it could climb at open - so if in, can exit/ride it and maybe re-enter assuming we get news of better tests/orders/plans, probably a very short run if it happens - I'm a little skeptical if it'll catch fire again... , but I just wanted you guys to look at it if I don't post in AM) - again, not financial advice... I'll need to look at it in the morning but wanted people to recheck it, I don't think it's a long play but could be nice returns. And Again this isn't guarantee but liked the way AH action looked so far.

Again- just make sure you research, some of these are definitely going to end as pump and dumps I'm certain (especially with chasing the news/leads), anyway - I'm just passing along what I heard, so really depends what premarket is looking like. If I get a chance to and it looks good I'll try to update. But please don't buy blindly unless you're careful, because I'm not even in it atm.

For guys in IBIO watch that one too on premarket to get an idea - could go on a run, I'll need to look at but wanted to bring up. And again - news can absolutely kill these so don't buy and forget. A lot of these definitely have to be short plays - ie better drug/test/vaccine news from one company will kill these in some cases.

Sajan likes this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I dumped IBIO the minute it turned a profit, a week ago I was down almost a grand

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, these are dangerous for sure, and don't blame you on leaving at profit. I've been leaving early sometimes too at profit. Just not worth holding in long term. I plan on rolling the profits into key stocks eventually. I just don't think we're out of the woods yet. And again, I could be wrong but this market has been crazy.

RKREBORN likes this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, gap up/opening jump was wild. I exited just about all of it at around ~$4+. I kept a few shares I think 5 (haha) for fun in case we see an APRN - not like 5 is going to do anything. Man, I never imagined APRN though... Damn

jsingles likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

WAITR was popping off over $4 this morning but has now come crashing to 2.3 wow

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Like on APRN I wasn't in it at all, and am very happy about AH move I made on WTRH and then opening run/sell off of WTRH on my end. But APRN shot to like $28 and then dumped. Look at that one for example of the Gap Up - rising on news/volume that it can't sustain. Very similar on WTRH atm, like in my opinion start setting trailing stop losses pre-open or right after open (on your feeling/research) and determine what you're comfortable with (especially if you know this is just word of mouth or very short). I basically sold 20% of shares on multiple orders with very tight stops of 2-5% (yes 2%... Haha, I was up so much from AH entry to open today - I was happy already). And watching the insane amount of movement made it look like it would fall. Obviously it could retrace or climb a lot, but in this volitale market I'm only playing very short moves.

Again - I'm just sharing personal experience, I've seen this a lot, like if this was some next apple/Disney thing I'd probably hold or avg down, but I think most moves right now are going to be very short term. Obviously on WTRH, after this virus mess - if it grows and earnings show from the ceo work it could be something to reinvest in, but you want to take profit.

ohmarioyes, Jontro and RKREBORN like this.
  16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Props bro. How did you get so good at this? Did you study anything or videos?
    I think I'm doing okay, considering I bought my first ever stock last week lol. But want to play with the big boys.
    On the negative though, I'm developing a gambling issue lol

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member

@CCity Zero thanks for sharing your insights.
    trying to figure out how to make a little bit today on something. not trying to be greedy.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I did very Very well on PLAY today. If it drops into the 6.xx something range today I’m in again. Made 62% in a day.

CCity Zero, Hakeemtheking and Sajan like this.
  19. jsingles

jsingles Member

Did not expect the jump, or the fall. I bailed at $3.14. Left a lot of money on the table because I saw it hit $3.80 live and didn't pull the trigger.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. jsingles

jsingles Member

I don't think anyone has missed the chance to make money with NBY, I got in at $.98 today and it's sitting at $1.67 in aftermarket trading. They just started making masks, this might hit $2+ a share between now and early trading tomorrow.

RKREBORN and CCity Zero like this.