1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But don't you want him fired?

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is called being a Realist. Knowing it won’t happen, then why stress over it?

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Houston Astros thank the Houston Texans for having BoB taking on as the media target for ridicule and derision...

kaleidosky likes this.
  5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

We need more of that around Houston and NRG

juanm34 and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. blackistan

blackistan Member

Next we need billboards, make it happen Htown

#5466 blackistan, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    juanm34, Blatz and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Damion Laverne

Can we start a billboard fund?

"FIRE O'BRIEN" everywhere

8. Buck Turgidson

48 hours ago, I tried to get someone to get this started instead of some useless internet petition:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.304395/#post-12907185

1. Start gofundme
    2. Search for billboard space near NRG
    3. Ask internet for billboard design ideas
    4. Put up billboard(s) for as long as BoB is the coach or until the $ runs out

red5rocket, Canadiandude and Blatz like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And that will do what? Cal McNair is the only person that matters in this situation. Until he decides to fire O'Brien, you might as well contribute that money to my Coronavirus job fund.

10. Buck Turgidson

Apparently it will annoy you and make you continue to post the same post for the 578th (and counting) time.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

stop it. he's a realist and doesn't stress over it

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Yes, bc BOB is the GM and coach... who else is Cal supposed to listen to? Yes ownership is just as a big a problem as BOB but for the love of god please jump off BOB's d!ck for two seconds. You're like the village texans cuck - they keep screwing you over, taking your money and time and you keep coming back for more.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just curious why you are faulting McNair as well. He's not going to sell the team, so why stress over it? No one in this forum has cut McNair any slack over these moves.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

SCENE: It is 2018, Spring Break. Trust fund baby Cal McNair decides to take his father's head coach on a trip with him to Cancun for a bit of a break from a challenging life of golfing, picking the kids up from school on occasion and pretending to pay attention yet secretly playing Candy Crush during Texans-related board meetings.

Cal, 10 Dos Equis Greens and 6 Tequila-Sprite slammers into an evening at Carlos & Charlie's with his buddy Billy O, strikes up a conversation with a group of drunken teenage girls. They agree it is a good idea to go back to Cal's penthouse suite at the local 5 star hotel to dominate the mini-bar as they have blown their allowance already.

Cal: Bill, two of these girls are telling me they will do things that I haven't even heard of. Isn't Mexico great?!?! Damn shame the cartels ruined Boys Town in Nuevo Laredo years ago. Miss those days, bub! Takes me back! Hell, they even said you could join in. Meet me in the bedroom in 10, old Cal's gonna get 'em warmed up with a mustache ride, bub!

Bill: Cal, you are indeed a wild man. See you in a few.

10 minutes passes. The dark room filled with three people is suddenly illuminated with light emanating from the hallway via the sudden open door.

Cal: Bill! Shut that door and get your ass in here, bub! Hey, what the hell are you doing? Why are you recording this? Turn that damn phone off, erase that **** and get in here for some fun. Yee-haw!

Bill: Oh sorry about that, Cal, this wasn't even turned on. Looks like you have a handle on things, amigo. I must have had a bad tostada earlier...not feeling well. Carry on, cowboy and I'll see you in the morning for some migas.

Door closes. Bill's stares down at his phone with a maniacal grin, chuckles to himself and heads back to his room, immediately uploading the footage to his laptop. His mouse clicks on the Word folder and he begins typing out his master plan with his two pointer-fingers. The old man hasn’t been looking too well lately. One day this will be HIS team.

Cue today...

#5475 Blake, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    conquistador#11 and Hey Now! like this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow! Its about to go down.

conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

WTF are u talking about? Where did I indicate I like O'Brien? Whining like the b**** you are is doing what? NOT A GOD DAMN THING. I BET YOUR BOYFRIEND LIKES THE WHINING, DOESN' T HE? Shut the **** up. Keep whining. Doesn't do a thing. When O'Brien is fired, I will be happy like anyone else. Until then, I'm not worrying about it.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

McNair is the ONLY one that can make BoB go away. It is HIS team and he signs the checks.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Sanity2disChaos

Fire Cal McNair. I’m convinced his mom could run the organization better than him.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

When does the league step in?

DonnyMost and conquistador#11 like this.