1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Virus] So who’s still going out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Mar 7, 2020.

1. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Iimes?

I have lots of dos xx

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hope none of y'all were planning on buying deep freezers cuz they're selling out at most places. Where still available, they are marked up and/or have insane delivery fees.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Played tennis with my wife since her regular tennis was canceled. Followed that up with a couple of beers at the club and take out corned beef and cabbage.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Went to Katy Asian Town to buy some groceries. It's so weird seeing food courts and restaurants either not having any business, removing all dine-in furniture, or both.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Getting a bunch of stuff delivered by a grocery store later today. Ordered it 4 days ago and it’s taking this long. Some things they are simply out of. Went digging in the back of our pantry to see what we have and discovered cans of stuff that had expired 2 years ago! Lesson? Double check the dates of what you have and make sure it’s still good. A few months, no big deal, but 2 years?

Can’t find N95 masks. If a place gets them, they are immediately sold out. At my age, I’m not going into a store without one. Not foolproof, but far better than the alternative. Lots of fake stuff out there. People are getting ripped off buying things online, paying high prices for bogus masks, etc., according to what I’ve read. Buyer beware!

Good luck, people.

malakas likes this.
  7. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Just finished putting away some groceries that were delivered today. Should have enough to hold us over for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately due to preexisting health issues, my sister and I were told by our doctor that we should go into self isolation until this blows over. Boss was not happy, but not much we can do about it. Paying bills is going to be fun when the no paycheck catches up to me though. Luckily my sister can work from home.

DoitDickau and malakas like this.
  8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i know professional musicians, bartenders, road crew who are being hit hard by this. but the rev is not going to let the government infringe on his first amendment right to ROCK!

www.facebook.com/reverendhortonheat

Update: Due to local governments implementing bans on gatherings, most promoters are forcing the rescheduling of most of our gigs in March, April and May. This Saturday we are supposed to play San Antonio. I hope the gig goes on as there are 900 tickets sold - but it does not look good. I will keep you posted. I guess that they can stop rock and roll by violating our first amendment right to assembly.
    Reverend Horton Heat is NOT cancelling ANY gigs because of Covid-19. Any gigs that are cancelled will be because the promoters cancelled. I encourage everyone who lives in a jurisdiction where local governments are restricting rock and roll to push back. Write emails and call your local government agencies to remind them that we have the right to assembly. They can’t stop rock and roll!

9. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

tierre_brown likes this.
  10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This totally has to be about money.

https://www.chron.com/life/article/Spring-Breakers-rage-at-Port-Aransas-despite-15136897.php

Port Aransas is full on Spring Break, too. There's a picture there of a sea of people pressed together (presumably gathered together from all over the country) made me cringe.

I saw a YouTube video of him a couple of days ago. He might want to reconsider as he definitely looks to be in the at risk age group at this point.

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Just got the email to work from home from the CEO.

I do have someone that was supposed to start on Monday, so I'll be here for that, and then have to train him remotely. He's lucky though, they were thinking of taking away his offer due to COVID and oil prices. He's literally the last new person coming into the company, as they're about to announce a hiring freeze.

malakas and Pringles like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Our incompetent governor could have prevented this. He’s an ******* on numerous levels.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It's not a symptom so sneezing doesn't mean someone has it but it doesn't mean they don't have it either. If they do have it, sneezing is an excellent way to spread it.

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

did you see Hmart's food court still open?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's still open - just can't "dine-in" / sit there and eat. Most of the surrounding restaurants in the strips are open too - just can't dine-in.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even though cancelled our St. Patrick's day show did a half hour of music streamed over Facebook live. Got the idea from Dropkick Murphys that did an online concert.

malakas likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko
    yikes
    I'm sticking to the Diners Drive Ins and Dives videos

be warned

19. tinman

Supporting Member

20. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    When this crap finally is over and they find out it was cause some dude was just eating bat, china should never say crap about our country or any nba general manager again

When the food starts killing you, it's time to stop eating it
    that's nature's way of saying back up b****

granted we had an incident where people were dying over fried chicken, but that was the crispy and delicious taste thatvpeople were killing each other for

back when life was normal

Bandwagoner and IBTL like this.