1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Houston sports gone to ****?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 16, 2020.

?

Which is the most competent franchise in Houston

Poll closed Mar 23, 2020.
  1. Dynamo

12 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. Rockets

45 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. Texans

14 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Roughnecks

63 vote(s)
    35.6%
  5. Astros

43 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who are the roughnecks? Is that the women's lingerie football team.

rockets13champs likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not a joke- back in the 2010s it was a gay rugby team in Houston. Not sure if they’re still around.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steve Francis era
    How did we get Yao? We sucked

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Coogs
    Astros
    Rockets
    Texans

waytookrzy079 and Fulgore like this.
  5. Senator

Senator Member

Astros played the game of baseball better than the other 30 teams. They did not do something the other teams did not. If you want to take away titles for juicing, corking bats , taking steroids, illega scouting / amateur money or stealing signals electronically then there would be no mlb winners in the 21st century.

Astros are a very competent franchise which is why the media wanted to take them down as a small market.

Rockets are mediocre but lucked into Harden, Morey makes a lot of moves that amount to nothing. Trades away talent because of how restless he is to prove himself. Not a savvy GM in anyway.

Texans are pathetic as a franchise. Dynamo and Rough? no one cares enough to comment.

AB423 and Tomstro like this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

100% agree about Morey. So overrated.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I voted wrong, great!! Hahah, I didn't read the question - "Has Houston sports gone to ****?" yes - Texans, oooops - oh well...

I was so frustrated with the Hopkins trade, like WTF

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  8. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

We're terrible. We haven't had a win across all sports in a week.

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

The Rockets and Astros don't belong in the same sentence as the Texans

10. rockets13champs

This is one of the most biased posts I’ve ever read. Astros were nothing for years. The rockets have rarely and I mean RARELY had a losing season in the last 30 years. They win more than 41 games consistently even when they are BAD. Just cuz the Astros became good in 2015 and won a WS by (cheating) doesn’t mean they surpassed rockets who have been consistent for a longer period of time.

11. rockets13champs

I don’t think Morey is overrated. He’s been limited by Fertitta. Look at the Lowry for a 1st round pick. What came out of that trade a mid first round pick was dealt to the thunder for James Harden, BEFORE he ENTERED HIS PRIME. Over the last 7 years has any other player in this league the caliber of a James Harden been traded for BEFORE their prime? Other than that move he signed Dwight which lead us to 1 WCF. We lost to a better team 2015
    2016- Morey made the mistake (which he learned from) to double down on his philosophy
    2017- he lets Howard walk, acquires Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Later Lou Williams in season and we are end up surpassing expectations heavily under a new regime with Dantoni at the helm
    2018- we see Moreys philosophy finally click: Chris Paul one of the greatest PG of all time, play along side James under coach Dantoni. Best regular season record. Unfortunately 1 hamstring away. - if we had won this chip. YOU would not be saying Morey is overrated. He does not control health unfortunately.
    2019: the rockets try to load manage in the regular season also have **** ton of injuries to start the season. Melo chemistry issues. But finally begin to click post ASB.
    2020: rockets use this load management **** again along with injuries. Harden hits a slump mid year but we know he is trying to load manage similar to how Lebron load managed his last 2 years in Cleveland. Morey this time triples down in his philosophy and removed a Center completely from his offense. It works tremendously for 12 games until rockets hit a wall they were just starting to climb out of. Austin Rivers said it today in his IG live. Players this deep in their careers just don’t care about the regular season. This is why harden is predominately looks effortless in some regular season games. Seeding just doesn’t matter to this team and Harden especially after his success the last 5 years. He just wants to be healthy and have his legs for playoffs. That’s when and WHERE u will see a CONSISTENT rockets team. As long as we are a veteran team. Stop reading so much into our regular season teams. We are BUILT for the playoffs.

tinman and BaselineFade like this.
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

What is sports?

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

Whatever happened to the Comets? There was a 4 year stretch where they couldn't be beat.

14. MystikArkitect

We have an owner who's a cheater, another who's a swindler, and another who's a racist.

Yeah things look grim.

15. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I don't think this is the worst Houston Sports have been, but it definitely is the most pessimistic I've felt about their teams when they are good. Texans, Rockets, Astros ALL made playoffs last year and have reasonable hopes of making them again. Astros won in all a few years ago and were in world series last year. Rockets were as far as they had every gotten since the Championship days just two seasons ago. And Texans have tied their (admittedly low) high water mark in terms of playoff advancement.

And yet...it feels awful. Even without the cheating, the Astros offseason does not inspire confidence. I have an impending sense of doom that one of these young players I have grown to love will be traded before signing a big contract. Texans are doomed with Bill O'Brien in charge. It's death by a thousand cuts. One day they'll have Deshaun Watson on a large contract, making jaw dropping plays just to go 8-9 and miss the playoffs, and also be completely capped out with mediocre players and all their draft picks gone. Morey is doing what he can with one hand tied behind his back, but its only a matter of time before Tilman runs the team into the ground. I predict a losing team, marketing centered around an aging star, $20 beers, and Tilman blaming everything but himself for the flagging attendance.

No, it's not the worst time in Houston Sports, but we can see that time coming up ahead fast.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Who gives a ****?

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't see how you could support the Texans. If Houston traded Harden for a 2nd round pick and Batum I would be done.

BOB is dumbest ****ing coach in the league. Him and the owner don't deserve to ever sniff the playoffs.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

cheap owner

les

19. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Probably almost everyone that posts on this website, that's what it's here for. People who give a **** about Houston sports.

saleem likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Haven't made that assumption for along time. Started with Tmac then Les going full China and minimizing the Houston part of the Houston Rockets