1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do I have the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by malakas, Mar 12, 2020.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you want to go full American, the standard dosage of 325mg is 5.016 grains, Imperial.

CometsWin likes this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

500mg extra strength, or 650 extended

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I was in line and the lady behind me coughed. Everyone stared at me because I was the Asian.

Mazulis, BaselineFade, Nook and 5 others like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am half Asian and my hayfever season is about to start...I'm gonna freak people out.

malakas, Hakeemtheking and Yung-T like this.
  6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Wife has a low grade fever, 41 and in great health. It’s lasted a few days and ebbed and flowed. Never over 100.4 - we have downloaded the Baylor Scott and White app (this is step 1 to get tested at the Austin drive through) - filled out questionnaire - next paid $40 for the E-Visit to determine if she will be tested. Just laying out the steps for everyone this far in testing at least in Austin. She has not left the house since Friday, I’ve only been to the grocery store since then - I wore gloves and stayed away from everyone best I could. We have two kids - they’re fine and gong nuts. I feel fine and have continued training for my ultra-marathon in September (running outside via trails etc where I don’t see anyone but if I do I give plenty of space) I stopped going to the gym a week ago today just because. We both work from home. Just and update on us here. I’ll keep updating as we move along.

There are a few we’ve (or she) who we’ve had contact with in the past week that also have low grade fever and nothing else.

The one that sucks - a teacher at our oldest sons school. Her husband (turns out) is in a self quarantine from possible exposure due to someone he works with) he’s in tech downtown and she continued to go and teach through Friday. She currently has a low grade fever.

CometsWin, Nook, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  7. likestohypeguy

HOw many cases & deaths do you have in the greater austin area so far?

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Only 5 cases at the moment. No deaths. Schools just announced closures through April 3.

Yung-T and whiskeyred like this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think we're at 7 now, and Hays county - just south of Austin, just got their 6th I believe.

Duncan McDonuts and Yung-T like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I have a sore throat today. Likely nothing but still is in the back of your mind. Luckily I work from home most days.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

7 cases. 8 tests. Lulz.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Bravo! You and your family are doing the right and responsible thing.
    It is very likely that with these symptoms it is Covid-19.
    With any sign of any member of the household is beginning to have high fever and difficulty breathing immediately seek medical assistance.

God bless and stay strong. If all the people acted like you, things would be thousands time better.

Mazulis and B-Bob like this.
  13. whiskeyred

What a cluster - TLDR they have denied my wife Covid-19 testing. Honestly a Complete mess - hope the system improves soon. We did what we could including holding for two hours on the phone.

B-Bob and malakas like this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

This will keep happening. The tests in most countries except South Korea are now only for risky groups or with grave symptoms.
    Thats because countries have moved on from the containment phase (on in the case of the USA skipped it altogether)..

In your position, most of us who will be lucky enough to only get it mildly will find ourselves.
    It doesnt matter anyway because theres hardly anything they will be able to do.
    In contrast in case you go to a hospital now, there is a high chance of getting a bacterial or other hospital infections and making things worse.

Keep monitoring. High fever + breathlessness => immediate call of doctor.
    If it is a low fever : sweat it out it helps the body.
    If you can't take it anymore or want to sleep etc then take tylenol.
    All members of the house keep taking your temperature.

God bless you! Stay strong
    Think that you will soon have immunity and be safer in the coming days when things will get much worse.

15. Senator

Senator Member

On what grounds? What is her age and health history? There is likely rationing going on right now until there is enough testing available for half the population.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

have you not been paying attention? On what grounds.... the entire state of Utah only tested like 77 people last week - most of that members of the Utah Jazz organization.

they don’t have enough tests. Because of dum dumb sociopath some folks voted for last election (don’t look at me).

don’t worry... soon enough Kushner’s company will be producing more tests though!!

17. Senator

Senator Member

What did Barack do differently that generated enough tests for a global plague from China? Why make this about politics when the guys you vote for also do business with and embolden China?

So back to the main question - on what grounds did officials deny your wife?

18. whiskeyred

My whole point (which I didn’t explain much) was the process - I knew they would deny her based on age/health but it s was quite ordeal and web of emails, and phone calls and chasing your tail just to be told not happening but like it’s been mentioned we all knew this was the case, I just wanted to share to confirm it was.

19. Senator

Senator Member

What would you do differently as more tests are in the process of being prepared? Are you angry the most vulnerable are being tested before your wife? Have democrats been magically in control of big pharma the last 20 years or am I missing something...

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

well, is it too much for people to want a president that tells the truth about covid19? It’s a simple question.