1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This franchise is, and always will be, a joke. The fools who line up to give them money every Sunday are condoning this. Sports talk radio that exclusively follows this dumpster fire at the expense of all other Houston teams gives them life.

Apathy is what they've earned and apathy is what they deserve.

2. Fantasma Negro

I don't have any words for this. Honestly what can be said about this? Our best player not named Deshaun Watson was traded for a broken down running back and a ****ing second round pick. Let's see what happens. Obviously Watson and Tunsil are about to set the market and the offense is going to look a lot different next season. Right now **** Bill O'Brien, right now. Moves like this doesn't inspire confidence for the rest of this off season

Jwise44 likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I swore off the Texans when they decided to pass on Vince Young for Mario Williams in the draft, and, over the years, I became a fan again. It will not happen a second time. I can’t think of a worst Houston sports trade in my lifetime (since 1983).

If they really wanted to deal Hopkins (which they shouldn’t be doing in the first place), then get a couple first-round picks in return, and use the cap space to sign Amari Cooper. Instead, they get a second-round pick for a fourth and an injury-prone player at one of the easiest positions to fill in the NFL. The Cardinals were considering releasing David Johnson at one point this offseason, and they just got DeAndre Hopkins for him.

#163 DVauthrin, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t mind trading Hopkins. You don’t win a super bowl with high priced wide receivers, but there is now way this is all we could get. GMs are probably lining up to trade with BOB. He is the worst negotiator of all time.

5. Mr. Space City

I hope this causes a mutiny and buttchin loses the locker room

6. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Man it’s hard being a fan of houston sports

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dumpster juice!!!!

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Appreciate the optimism, but taking a step backwards usually involves standing pat (read: tanking a season) to get a good pick.

This is like trading James Harden (best player at his position, in his prime) for someone in the mold of Eric Gordon (expensive, a bit washed, chronically injured, dunno how long he might last, etc.).

Any other GM would be heavily criticized. Buuuuut if BoB wins the division and flames out again, then all would still be rosy, probably. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is a reason why GMs are GMs and coach's are coaches.

There has NEVER been a situation where someone coached/GM at the same time and made good decisions...in any sport. Look at the Pistons now after trying that experiment.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Good thing Coronavirus might cancel this season.

11. BALLhog 247 365

does ownership have to approve these trades? because they're just as effed up in the head as the coach if they do

12. HTM

HTM Member

Coronavirus take me now

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Stills probably wouldn't mind that. Hell, if I was him and BoB traded me to literally any other team, I'd be excited.

14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

F*** you BO'B

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Fixed it for you.

texans1095 likes this.
  16. cdain3

cdain3 Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Houston pro football. Finally got a winner with the Roughnecks...season cancelled. Followed by Texans trading an elite WR and fan favorite and getting way under his value back.

CrushCity likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

Money. He's about to get a shitload of money

texans1095 likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ownership already did with probably a shrug and telling BOB to stop bothering him with football stuff.

Cal is worse than his father, we're dealing with a James Dolan situation. Cal doesn't give a F about the franchise

Little Bit likes this.