1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese incompetency has completed ruined the year of sports, and possibly humanity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 12, 2020.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You know China has banned the consumption of wild animals permanently amid this pandemic?

So it seems even they know COVID-19 was caused through negligent human activity with wild animals.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hard to execute. But I think this incident will bring about a factor in many country’s dealing with China in the future - cautious. So this is also on China. If it does not behave with more responsibilities, in addition to what it has done positively, it will be a detriment to itself . For example, if it chooses not to improve public health regulations and another disease originates in China, I suspect it will be more difficult for China to position itself globally.

#222 YallMean, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

You have a very singular view or Cold War mentality of the world. Very US centric- probably has to do with your military experiences.

The world evolved, especially China, is not solely because US or Nixon “allowed” it to. Back in the 70s, engaging China was more out of necessities to deal with the Vietnam situation and the Soviets rather than a good Will over China. Ask older people around In this board.

After 89, US was on the path back to contain China, which did not work out as wished by some- because it had already been impossible. Putting a gun in your hand is not going to have it happen. China isn’t Cuba or Iran, nor is it a “dummy”. The power moves have never stopped against China - the 5th fleet constantly reminds China of that, and Taiwan and so on. Beyond those what do you propose?

Restricting business with China will hurt US too. I need not repeat so many Economists have said when Trump floated that idea 4 years ago. Trump turned out to be more of a pragmatist when dealing with China. So your theory has not political backing even in the most conservative sector on the capital hill. It’s just some rambling on a very low level of sophistication at this point.

#223 YallMean, Mar 15, 2020
    Invisible Fan, Bearded13 and DeBeards like this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I also will draw an imperfect parallel to the anti Chinese immigrant movement in 1800s in San Francisco. Some of the things said against Chinese were we (mostly Irish immigrants) do not want to be forced to compete with the Chinese - because they will force us to have their life styles - unsanitary, uncivil, work for a low wage eating “bad” foods etc.

We have to be careful about what is “it” you dislike about someone you are criticizing. Like I said that’s 1/5th populations there and we will have to learn how to live with each other on the planet. In this situation, any overly simplified conclusion like China is bad, CCP is bad, CCP is evil is downright dumb imo.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Nope it is really isn’t complicated when it comes to the governing power in China, the CCP is horrible.

That does not mean the Chinese people are bad.

7. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The truth is the truth. Don’t try to spin this for China. The Art of War is a great read to understand the Chinese way. It will take a collective effort of the world to deal with this modern plague of the 21st century known as the CCP.

Senator likes this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

I will say this not everything CCP did in China and around the world is bad. There is a drastic difference between CCP and say the soviets and Nazis, if that’s where your are going.

Bearded13 likes this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Art of war is a 2000 year ancient text on some basic principles. I challenge you to think through your ideas and tell us how you plan to stop the “commies” beyond knowing your enemy is everything. That tells me nothing.

Bearded13 likes this.
  10. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Please stay on topic...

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

there’s nothing worth discussing with Lin fans...scram

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

13. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Well, they killed more people than either one of the other two despotic regimes you mentioned, so that's something...

Not a thread that belongs in the GARM (EDIT, or NBA Dish, for that matter) IMHO, and I'm surprised @Clutch hasn't moved it.

Nook likes this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The CCP is similar to the Soviets and the Nazi’s.

they treat others like Nazi’s did due to ethnic cleansing, and treat their own like the Soviets, due to censorship and starvation.

Nook likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

You say it was incompetency how do we even know? Some things are meant for you to not know.
    [​IMG]

IBTL and daywalker02 like this.
  16. YallMean

YallMean Member

yes this is D&D stuff.
    The post Mao CCP is vastly different from Mao CCP. Take this incident for example, apart from gross inept on how to handle the situation, the Chinese government acted pretty swiftly to control the virus -including providing free tests and treatments.
    Other stuff like lack of freedom, my view this is largely China’s internal matter and some differences are ideological. The legitimacy of CCP has to be resolved internally there.

17. Senator

Senator Member

generalthade_03 likes this.
  18. Senator

Senator Member

You speaka da english? My tune was pointing out the facts - the last 4 global pandemics have started in China and it's citizens are remaining in negligent denial about it, as seen in this thread. Please read this article carefully - https://www.realclearscience.com/bl..._outbreaks_always_seem_to_start_in_china.html

Maybe the government has blocked it so you can't access it, but learn to be a man, take accountability and put an end to this barbaric practice once and for all. Instead of gettin overly defensive - that shows you know you're in the wrong but too scared to do anything about it.

Italy alone has 2,000 deaths but you won't see the Chinese government apologize or send assistance.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not even close.

This dude (and his dad before him) runs his country worse than the worst sadistic drug cartel.

[​IMG]

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

What the freak I speak da English? No I don’t speak the English you can comprehend.

Geez this what you are about - next thing out of you is:go back to your country and chest pumping you are more American. People like you are a bigger problem than the virus and pandemic to this country - wash your hands and don’t elect a dumbazz to be your representative.

#240 YallMean, Mar 15, 2020