1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KAT defends Harden against NBA Twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Mr. Space City

McGrady only had 1 great playoff series as a Rocket (2004-05). The other 2 years he shot like garbage (even for mid 2000's standards)

McGrady couldn't even get out of the first round in the AWFUL early 2000's Eastern Conference. You put Harden on those Magic teams, and he would have def made it out the first round.

Coronavirus got some of y'all hallucinating.

#61 Mr. Space City, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    BaselineFade, D-rock, arubato and 4 others like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pull up 19 footers when he should have been attacking the rim to close games.

He should thank his lucky stars Battier and Chuck were doing all his dirty work. Especially against Utah.

#62 RudyTBag, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    HP3 and vlaurelio like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

That was just playstyle those years.I think where Tmac did mistake was not going to college. With proper coach in youth and less mileage he would be great

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, good out of the box thinking.

Him, Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway are those glass bodies.

saleem likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL most teams he's beaten and lost too(if not all) are better than those bum Jazz teams too. Gimme a break, people are really overrating how good those Jazz teams were, they were second round fodder most of the time. The one year they made it to the WCF it was because Dallas lost in the first round to GS. Harden took a trash team to 2nd seed in a stacked WC and then took them to a WCF.

BaselineFade, RyanB, saleem and 2 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at these stans glorifying T-Mac...they need to cut the bullsh*t

those Utah teams were nothing special, but when you’re led by T-Mac, I guess any team looks like a legit contender when you’re facing them in the 1st round

we were up 2-0 against Utah in the 2007 playoffs, but their boy T-Mac shot 39% from the field and 25% from 3 in that series

How are u supposed to win with that?

T-Mac is trash against Utah as he loses yet again in the 1st round with HCA: guys like bmelo and daywalker rush in with excuses

Harden averages 35 on excellent efficiency against a far better GS team even without KD in the 2nd round: he’s a choker

LFE171, saleem, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I had suggested that as well

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Put Steve Francis on those Magic Teams and they would have done as well

Rocket River

9. arubato

arubato Member

If you think that Deron + Boozer + Okur is better than CP3 + Blake + DAJ then I rest my case.

10. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

These guys talk so much crap. It's like those overreacting posts about Harden declining in the past few months when stats suggest otherwise.

They're praying we lose every game so they can put the blame on Harden.

vlaurelio, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Comparing Tmac to Beard, playoffs OR regular season, is pure stupidity.

Tmac can not hold Harden's jock.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah people seem to think it’s only the Houston series’. Milwaukee he had no business winning against but his Orlando team should had beaten the Hornets one year, and blew the 3-1 lead on the Pistons (which is debatable whether that should be held against him, though keep in mind that was not the championship team yet).

D-rock likes this.
  13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden is the anti-christ of the league especially in the eyes of the media!

Harden claims to do this, harden claims to do that.

"Boy cried wolf!"

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Those Orlando teams were terrible. His best players were Gordon garicek , Drew Gooden etc. the one time harden has had a supporting cast even comparable with Houston, he also flamed out in the 1st round. Even then give me Lin, Parsons, Asik over tmacs help.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

. Do you know who dragged a team of Pablo, Old Jason Terry, and Corey Brewer team to a second seed....nah.

16. arubato

arubato Member

In addition to that, they beat CP3, Blake, DAJ and Doc Rivers. And btw, the 2nd best player in the team missed 41 games or half of regular season and yet they got second seed.

BaselineFade, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Soon, very soon! Lol!

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden has made every team he's played for better, not a little better, much much better.

I will leave this right here.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...errer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

fckbandwagons and DeBeards like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I skipped from page 1 to page 4, so someone likely posted this. If not, I just wanted to point out that James was also playing against the refs in far too many games.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

TMac was not as good as Harden in the playoffs. But the "never getting out of the first round" thing has clouded a lot of people's mind. His career playoffs numbers are eerily similar to Harden's.

In the spirit of KAT's rant, get the facts. Don't be a hypocrite.

And I totally understand why Rockets fans, including me, still despise TMac's behaviors.

Yung-T likes this.