1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

They are back around $99

CCity Zero and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On Disney? Or another one? I'm thinking on Disney we might still have a lower entry, especially as shows stop production temporarily, but it's so wild right now. If we can get in at a good entry it's basically something you'd just want to sit on

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yea Disney, but I spoke too soon lol. It's back at $93.59...when are you going to pull the trigger?

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On this one, I mean we could be way off but I still think ~$75 like as more stuff gets canceled. So I'm going to try and hold out longer, but I'll let you know if I enter it. I think if you don't mind holding it for a while then even now could be good, it's just that it won't be fast action like we've seen on some of the medical stocks. It's going to be one to hold and maybe even buy more if it goes lower. Because that's one thing, once this passes it's going to climb for sure

RKREBORN likes this.
  5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I fully expect it all to go down, maybe even significantly, before it goes up. I also understand this maybe more like 2000 to 2002 where the bottoming process Is long and painful rather than a Jan 2019 v shaped recovery. But I have a long time horizon and am only using money I don’t need right now.

It’s just easier to start accumulating now rather than try to time the market. Besides google has 120 billion cash on hand. They are in position to buy back stock, pay dividends or snatch up companies for cheap.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Hope you didn't sell it!

RKREBORN likes this.
  7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I doubled down and bought more right at 1.74 today lolll

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

If you don't mind me asking, how many did you go in on?

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Haha nice!!

10. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i'm itching to take a position on tesla

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

So what is everyone watching?
    I am thinking of throwing some money into an airlines index...and maybe some AAPL?
    I got some MSFT already..

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks for sharing this tip. Just got in today below $1.10; they recently raised funds from institutional investors at $1.25 valuation, hopefully it can go on another run.

https://irdirect.net/prviewer/release/id/4258947

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bill Gates stepping down from Microsoft and Berkshire boards. This is more a symbolic thing than anything.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You think it will? It's interesting on the dip it's on.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man that stimulus changed things (I mean bad for entry), I still think Disney might take a hit next week, how's your feeling on it? I mean I guess it depends how weekend goes.

RKREBORN likes this.
  16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I like BP at this range. Even if oil goes lower. They are one of the most important companies in the UK, their dividend is sacrosanct for European pension funds, and they've shown they can weather tough headwinds before (oil crashes, $80 to 100 billion loss from the oil spill).

Their dividend is off the charts...at these levels its 10-12%...and even when they had to cut it during the oil spill to save the company, it was quickly reinstalled and has risen every year.

#8596 Supermac34, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Not much info to go on; but press statement says first shipment of rapid covid test kits coming in 3-4 weeks, and fda approval could be another catalyst (likely to be approved since it has gotten eu approvals). I'm hoping the institutional investors have more info than us; and price below what they paid offers some margin of safety. Their market cap is still so tiny ($33mil +/- depending on time of day lol), even in a crowded market of competing test kits upside is still big imo. Was going to take a break, but this one was too tempting haha.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I think we missed a lower entry point, probably going to stay around 100. Damn, should have gotten it when it was in the 80's

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, it could be really nice, man, I hate weekends on some of these, haha.

Yeah man, shoot, I was in process of moving funds and the stimulus news hit.... Was going to post I'd try the 90 it was at, that went pretty quick. I'm going to wait, till mid next week on it, I don't think it'll be rapid gain if wrong. But again if you're just buying to hold it probably is fine, I mean people were buying in at 110+

Any med stocks you holding over the weekend? I also tried to answer btc question on other thread but just let me know if you need anything else on it

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I might be nerding out here. But if you ever go on YouTube look up alpha investments. A former stock broker turned magic the gathering(fantasy card game) investor. His take is a reasonable one.

CCity Zero likes this.