1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese incompetency has completed ruined the year of sports, and possibly humanity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I almost guarantee that **** tastes awful too. Some things you don't need to taste in order to know that you shouldn't be eating it. At least the bat is smiling at me..?

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

some countries aren't taking it seriously enough. italy is a prime example of that. they effed up severely and now their politicians are deflecting it all on china instead of owning up to their incompetence.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  3. payaso

payaso Member

To me, this just speaks of Humanity in general's cultural affixation to items from a foraging (starvation) diet... when they can afford to eat domesticated sources of animal protein but choose something decidedly less healthy and substantive.
    And before someone goes off half-cocked and throws out accusations of anti-Third World bias, the same can be said for foods like... sausage, pig's feet, barbacoa, chitlins, menudo, haggis, leutefisk, etc., etc.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sure, china fked up but now that the disease is in our country, what is our government doing? We still have politicans calling this a hoax, Trump is spreading lies and withholding info to the public. Testing is nonexistent or a low amount.
    We arent communists but yet we seem to b more incompetent than most countries in handling this pandemic.

It spreadin to more and more peeps around the country, schools are shutting down, yet we still have trump administration in denial about the severity of it.

Communist isnt great but its sad that we look so incompetent.
    https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-tested-o...testing-slow-around-the-nation-153646616.html

#84 DatRocketFan, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I think what happened was someone's incompetence got exposed so bad that he is about to lose the election. His supporters get mad and need to deflect the criticism, urgently. I can see folks from GOP escalating the attacks on China in the coming months just to save someone's a**.

There are no excuses for the most powerful, technology advanced nation in the world looking so unprepared fighting the virus outbreak, like none. It is disgraceful.

6. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I'm an American of Chinese descent.
    That being said, I'm opposed to buying stuff made in China.
    Mostly because they're crap...save a few exceptions like Iphone.
    That and they eat dogs and cats. I have cats as pets and it's unfathomable to me, but who am I to judge.
    Pig supposedly are smarter than a dogs, could probably make a real good pet, but we eat them...
    Anyways, I don't know where I'm going with this rant except I think we have ourselves to blame because we keep buying crap made in China and so they keep getting richer and more powerful.

generalthade_03, Andre0087 and payaso like this.
  7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I really want haggis... If I catch a zombie virus strain afterwards and caused a terminal apocalypse would and should I be blamed?

payaso likes this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ian Johnson had an excellent op ed piece on NYT today. He is not a China apologist and I share some of the observations he made in the article. It’s not that we are shrewd into some sort of deep thinking. It’s just mere live experiences in seeing the whole world. Some of you are terribly informed and terribly full of it. I don’t blame you. I have seen people like that in many parts of the world - isolated, not well traveled, not well informed.

Here is an Excerpt from Ian’s article.
    Yet it would be foolish to believe that China’s decisions have been mainly based on crude authoritarianism. One needn’t defend every one of its measures on medical grounds; those are matters that health care professionals might debate for years to come. But it’s worth acknowledging that not all of China’s failings are unique to its political system, and that some of its policies were motivated by serious concern for the public good and executed by a highly competent civil service.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I get enough of Trump’s lies and distortions on TV, news and Twitter. I don’t need to hear it on Clutchfans.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I thought this was a fake image/meme

Are you ****ign kidding me.

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

the rise of coronavirus can be almost entirely explained by the economics of a Rapidly growing economy that still retains an older culture of close proximity with animals.

Jumping the animal human barrier happens almost exclusively in China, and occasionally Africa, and it’s a direct result of culture.

If you want to associate what Trump is saying with race, that’s cool, but nobody that’s actually interested in the economic impacts of epidemics will take you very seriously, and you won’t exactly sound well versed in economics if you think culture is entirely unrelated.

12. macan

macan Member

that's a heavy statement op..
    no doubt trading and eating wild animals should be banned. more health regulations should be implemented in all markets.
    there's always some bad apples in every country. i'm pretty sure there's more good people tho.

13. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Don’t buy into the commie lies man. They had covered up this WuhanFlu from the start, muzzled and jailed everyone and anyone who spoke up that tried to warn others. Their numbers are completely bullshiet, the WHO is in their pocket and that’s why they made sure Taiwan will never be a part of the WHO. We still don’t know till this day that this WuhanFlu comes out of a lab or the wet market like the ChiCom claimed. One thing for sure is that we must deal accordingly with China if we want to protect our own people.
    Do not trust commie lies!

#93 generalthade_03, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    payaso, jcee15 and slothy420 like this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Shut up. Don’t preach to me about racism. You cannot tell me anything about racism.

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

you are probably the type of person that thinks all Asians eat dogs and cats lol. Please you can’t tell me nothing buddy. Nothing at all. Lol

16. generalthade_03

China apologist or CCP operative???

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

please. Misdirected hatred and angst instead of problem solving. You need anger management. You can’t tell me nothing.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

ignorant or stupid?

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

that’s the point to all of this is hypocrisy. Criticizing one but not the other.

20. generalthade_03

I hope you’ll see me out strolling and try to kick my ass. Your beloved ChiCom brings death and destruction to the whole world!

Little Bit likes this.