1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Season Suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AstrosRockets1818, Mar 11, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

2. rockets13champs

So I heard they might go straight into playoffs in April. If that’s the case we gotta prepare to play denver

BigShasta likes this.
  3. SORF

SORF Member

I read today, Mark Cuban thinks the regular season will continue into June

4. rockets13champs

There’s like 1 month left. If we restart in April and cut first round to 5 games. We can finnish mid July and have free agency late July cancel summer league and have draft August.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah I've read that but also that they may delay next years season start, so that means they're possibly extending the season into the summer months. It'll be interesting for sure to see how everything unfolds.

just hope all this stuff outside of sports, gets better sooner rather than later

6. rockets13champs

It’ll be fun to watch the nba in summer. U can start playoff games late and attendance and ratings would be good

D-rock likes this.
  7. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think this works to all playoff teams benefit. Kawhi is the only star that actually gets to do load management entering the playoffs with fresher legs than other people.

Now, everyone entering the playoffs will be fresh entering it. We might see December-January Harden in the playoffs. We might see Tucker who shoots better at the start of the season than at the end of the year make a few more baseline 3s and layups. We might see them work on drills to better execute on offense/defense, and figure out some set plays out of bounds half court, and figure out some ways to get better spacing on the floor when 3s aren't dropping. This gives Gordon time to truly rest and not keep coming back prematurely with a not fully healed injury and trying to play through it.

BaselineFade, JumpMan and IvanLCPM like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  9. AstrosRockets1818

Still just shocked

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More importantly, can you get coronavirus from a lapdance?

DeBeards likes this.
  11. bmd

bmd Member

On the bright side the Rockets will have a full month to practice and game plan with their new lineups and style of play.

Players will have a full month to rest and get healthy.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gordon

everybody getting on Harden when Gordon is actually the true ****** of the team

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Helps players Durant, Klay, Nurkic, Hood coming back.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. AstrosRockets1818

maybe the smartest thing you’ve ever said or asked

15. HookemHorns1250

To be fair, he literally started the point with "This is obviously a lot more important than basketball fandom." He was making a basketball point on a basketball message board. I completely agree that this is a serious issue, and should be handled as such, but to just completely ignore the first line of his sentence is wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not worried about Harden "getting out of shape" during a hiatus. In fact, a long period of time off could do wonders for the guy. He hasn't been "himself" for a long time now. Earlier in the season, he was playing some of the best basketball a guard has ever played in this league, and for a very long stretch. In my opinion, of course.

I don't know about Gordon. He's always seemed to me to be hot and cold during the regular season when he's healthy. During the playoffs, he would to get hot. That's been my impression (maybe I should look at the stats!) How serious his injury is, assuming it's one particular thing, is something I haven't heard enough about to have an opinion. Maybe a lot of time off would do Eric some good, as well. Probably, assuming he doesn't need anymore surgery. Both guys are likely not going to play until next season as things stand now, in my opinion. I'm just hoping none of our players get the virus, and none of us here.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Practices banned until next Monday, at least.

19. macan

macan Member

man Harden gonna be real fat after the break.

20. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

As a medical student and hopefully soon to be resident, I don't see the way games being played will work. Reason being this virus isn't going anywhere and although China has contained it reasonably after 3 months, you cannot and I repeat cannot risk elders and the general population by massive gatherings for SPORTS. Without fans could work but the basic reason as to why this was suspended in the first place is not going to go away in one month or two

Easy and Deckard like this.