1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donovan Mitchell Tests Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 12, 2020.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Darn, this shiat has lasting effect destroying one's lung

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, there is an incubation period.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That is not true

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmfao, no even close.

SARS caused lung disease in less than 1% of patients that were predisposed to the condition.

Spreading false information like a dumbass is fine when you do it with basketball. Please don’t do it with an epidemic. The stakes are higher and people might actually listen to something you’re saying.

clutchdabear, Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This gif is funny in light of the context of this situation.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, are you an MD? I am saying this based on reports out of China from the ones that were previously cured. You know anything about that?

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Farking Gobert, man.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ppens-to-peoples-lungs-when-they-get-covid-19

Stop doing the thing you are criticizing others for. Are we so far deep into the Max Kellerman era that people feel they need to have a take on literally everything? People need to STOP saying definitive statements and STOP offering advice about something they have limited to no knowledge about. Please listen to the CDC/WHO/the experts - not the random guy on twitter that says "this isn't a big deal b/c I feel like the overreaction is stupid, common flu, if I die I die - LOL, blah blah blah'

RocketBlood and YallMean like this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He's the epitome of French neck beardism and raunchy masculinity.. Dude would muff dive homeless females he finds attractive without any qualms.. All this to make up for his Urkel style play on the court...

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

send gobert to china if he wants to act a fool

Sanctity likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hehe, always be suspect of someone calling someone else a dumbass when he/she is not actually informed. I knew a serious person like an MD would not say that. To be fair, I was toungue in cheek saying "destroying one's lung", but the article is consistent with what I learned. There were reports some recovered covid-19 patients in China had permanent damages to their lungs.

#33 YallMean, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  14. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Should the league cast out Rudy Gobert forever now for being a dumbass. I wouldn't ever wanna play with him again if I was anyone in the league. He took it as a joke.

I'm not saying people should be scared of this. But to be smart and use common sense and good hygiene.

Jontro likes this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

those kids will be fine

B-Bob likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Read article (unfortunately, b/c no new information to what is already available and plentiful elsewhere). Mention of permanent lung damage? Didn't see it.
    So, I guess this is third level theory of scolding: don't you do what you're accusing another poster of accusing another poster of doing. :confused:

We don't have enough information at this time to say that COVID causes permanent anything for those who survive. It's very early. The poster who tossed off such an idea with no link or no validation was, indeed, irresponsible.

17. shlhl

shlhl Member

Interesting thought:)

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Fair. I was just trying to express that even if your young and this won't kill you, the effect on lungs is worse than people seem to give it credit for. Being on a mechanical ventilator is no fun.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He's young and healthy and so good chances he won't progress to a point where he needs to be on a mechanical ventilator.

Everyone needs to take this serious even if it likely to have min impact on you... you protect yourself so you can protect all those that have a much higher chance of severe impact and death.

oelman44 likes this.
  20. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong.../coronavirus-some-recovered-patients-may-have

oelman44 likes this.