1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does a Win Thursday against the Lakers Change anything for you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Well bucher is a hack who knows nothing so what he says literally is equivalent to a kendrick perkins.

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Certainly would be a good sign but I don't see it happening with how they've played defensively lately. We shall see.

3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I just want them to avoid first round clippers and ill be fine with whatever seed

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

It depends. Will be really tough to beat the lakers. Teams have figured it out - attacking us at the rim. We don't have an answer.

I hate to say this, we may not succeed as we wish with the style we are playing right now with Harden. I have seen five games. The free-lancing slow down iso is making it too easy for the opponent. Harden needs to change in order for us to have a chance to succeed.

5. MystikArkitect

No. This team can't put together 3 solid defensive games in a row. I'll be impressed then, regardless of opponent.

6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Yes, it would confirm what my eyes are seeing...They only play defense against “good teams.”

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No, my questions were all answered last night by showing that we could beat the T-Wolves (albeit without Karl Anthony Towns). Anyone who watched last night’s massacre of Minnesota and didn’t come away believing in small ball, along with renewed Title hopes, can kiss my arse!!! If we can duplicate the effort from last night, I don’t see any way possible the Lakers can hang with us. Frank Vogel is going to have to make a difficult decision at some point during the game whether or not he can take the risk of leaving Anthony Davis out on the floor against our small ball lineup.

#27 Imanimal, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Not really.

I know we still have a lot of bad performances and losses in us. Small ball just doesn't work with these set of players. We have 3 good players in our team..... the rest are average or sucks.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

There is no reason to believe that we would win this game. We had one good half against Minnesota.

Doesn’t help that the Lakers are coming off a tough loss, AD wants to make up for his missed shot, and they are super close to getting the number 1 seed.

We’re going to get smoked tomorrow.

10. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Yes. It would be great

Lakers are one of the biggest teams in league and it will show that our small ball is dangerous and unpredictable which is a good thing (better than predictable that we lose all the time)

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This last week completely crushed my hopes for this team. I'm not one that usually cares for regular season results, wins and losses happen and don't mean anything really.

We played with extremely high effort when this plan was first rolled out, and it worked. In the playoffs everybody will be playing with high effort, and we just saw what happens when this team doesn't have a decisive effort advantage. The Clippers game I can easily overlook, but we just played 4 absolute garbage teams and we we struggled to pull out one win. One good game against the Lakers won't eliminate what I just saw.

I still think it's likely we get out of the first round, maybe even get hot and pull an upset, but beating the Clippers,Lakers and Bucks, not a snowballs chance in hell.

12. macan

macan Member

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

They been bad against sub.500 teams all year. They have the worst record of all the playoffs teams against team with below 500 records. That’s a focus issue

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Ultimate jinx thread?

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Im wrong again.

16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Technically we ALL got smoked. So you were right :p

We'll beat the Lakers though!! ..whenever we come back.

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

but these haters will be on luka donkeys nuts if he were a rocket. Double standard.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

leave perk alone! Don’t tell me you don’t listen when he drops the knowledge. What perk says is truth!

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rox beat Corona!

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.