1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capizzi Toilet Flush Valve Seal?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tommyboy, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new flush valve seal for this Capizzi toilet? I've looked online and Amazon.com with no luck of finding a matching sized seal. I also tried calling the phone number and emailing them but have yet to receive a reply. The toilet manufacturer is based in Mexico.

Below are pics of the Capizzi label and seal itself (the white seal).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Try Ferguson. If they don't have the specific one, they may be able to help you with an alternative part.

https://www.ferguson.com/

Tommyboy likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wow Capizzi toilet -- are you an aristocrat?

Tommyboy likes this.
  4. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Thanks! I'll check'em out to see if they have a seal that would work.

5. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

If I were then I wouldn't be trying to fix my own toilet DIY-style!

KingCheetah likes this.
  6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This website will help a lot:

http://www.google.com

Just kidding. Needed a bad joke in there to avoid this Corona crap

7. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I've gone down that rabbit hole already. I even tried Googling the part number from the label with no luck. I'll have to either find another brand that's the same size or completely replace the flush valve.

RKREBORN likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Just replace the toilet flush valve, it is very easy and simpler than tracking down a part.

Tommyboy likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

At least this thread has more vibrant interest than @KingCheetah's F Dyson thread.

Tommyboy and KingCheetah like this.
  10. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

This will most likely occur. Do you know if flush valves are all the same or do I have to measure the opening between the tank and seat to make sure?

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Unfortunately the seal image didn't post, I can see the piece of paper with the parts list though.

So on a few toilets sometimes I've found it easier to just keep with standard brands/model/parts and replace the toilet- I mean like if they're using like some proprietary setup for the seal (since I can't see it, I'm assuming it is). In my personal experience some of these can be a mess to find parts but it's possible.

Anyway, other than the link/suggestion above I would recommend posting here - https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?forums/plumbing-forum-professional-diy-advice.6/

I normally will answer any diy stuff here (and I'm not a forum member there but have seen updated/alt part numbers listed on some of these type questions). Unfortunately without seeing the seal you might have a lot more luck there or searching there as it can get a bit tricky with a few styles I've seen on some toilets. Again, I'm not endorsing that forum but I've come across threads that will detail alt parts.

Tommyboy likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you try calling the phone number on the label in OP for parts replacement questions, and ask them where an “authorized dealer” is located.

:)

13. Buck Turgidson

Did you try reading his post? ;)

Tommyboy likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

They come in different sizes. As far as I know they all are 2-4 inches depending on the toilet.

If you are concerned, turn the water off underneath the toilet, flush the toilet until it drains.

Then remove the flush valve and dry it off. Take it with you to Ace or possibly Home Depot and they will be able to get you one the same size and that is comparable. You can have the entire thing done in minutes and it shouldn't cost much.

Tommyboy and CCity Zero like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This can vary on the manufacturer/model sometimes. I've seen some really odd designs on a few, but it's definitely possible that it's following a normal spec. Note what I'm talking about is basically some toilets I've seen over the past few years that like redesign the basic concept of the toilet... Makes it a headache. I'm definitely fine with manufacturers using their own designs but I like to make sure it's easy to Change with conventional/standard parts.

Tommyboy likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, absolutely agree, most should fit this and this will probably be the quickest method to check vs trying to find the part direct. I've come across some really odd ones that don't fit spec but for the most part it's worth checking as it hopefully will. Again these were like really proprietary ones, and I haven't seen them much fortunately. As I'm always more interested in replacing parts than doing a whole toilet, haha

Tommyboy and Nook like this.
  17. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Strange that you can't see the seal image. I'll try reposting in this response. Thanks for the advice and I'll definitely check out that plumbing forum.
    [​IMG]

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you try calling the number? Worked for me. ;)

Tommyboy likes this.
  19. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I called and left a message + emailed them and nobody ever got back to me. Maybe I'll try again.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

With Capizzi you need to buy the 24k gold plated fittings from Italy -- be aware of coronavirus shortages.

Tommyboy likes this.