1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

You'd think all of those who were worried about Obama killing their Grandmother would be hollering for action right now. I guess she is no longer important, well other than the inheritance.

jcf, No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As long as people continue to travel between European countries back to the US, the numbers will skyrocket in 3 weeks. Spain has gone from 13to 2182 cases in 2 weeks. France has gone from 13 to 1784 people in 2 weeks, and Germany has gone from 18 to 1296 cases in 2 weeks. The scary part is all the people who have roamed to and from Italy. I mean they have gone from 320 to 10,149 cases in 2 weeks. I wouldn't doubt Spain, France, and Germany all hit 7,000 or more in a couple weeks.

jcf likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I work at a Cancer Center for a large hospital conglomerate that is pretty highly respected throughout the country.

We had a meeting today in Coronavirus. It was supposed to be feared towards outpatient facilities.

Its mind boggling to me how they plan to treat this epidemic. It's terrible. It's no wonder we're in such terrible shape on things like this.

We're supposed to question people on their travels and have signs posted. IF they have symptoms, we get them to a room with a mask and call a hotline to proceed.

Once they leave, regular cleaning with gloves and a wipe....

They did say they're working on their own test that should be available very soon and then we'll be able to test anyone suspicious without outside consent.

My response is let's be proactive and not reactive. We're technically an outpatient facility. If someone has travelled to ANY region affected (they're not concerned by travel within the US), put them on a self quarantine. Don't let them to the building for 14 days. Once the test becomes available, test anyone that's travelled to those areas.

I work with cancer patients. Someone is going to die because of incompetence. But who am I to cry out? It's within 90 miles of us, and terrible reactionary plans like this are going to get people killed.

They tell us to call off work if we're sick. That doesn't work in healthcare. If two of us call off, 25 people aren't getting treated. If 4 of us call off, nobody is getting treated. Employment numbers have purposely been cut in the name of profit, and now this is going to come back to bite our capitalist medical system right in it's ugly ass.

In the medical field, we're taught to be proactive and use universal precautions -basically, treat everybody as if they have contagious disease. Wash your hands, clean up, yada yada.

I feel like what we're doing is the opposite of that. It's akin to not getting a hepatitis B vaccine, even though there is one, and telling people you'll just treat them for Hep B if they get it.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's such an inconvenience to people though. That's the sad mentality. I agree with you. How dare anyone put Cancer patients with weak immune systems in jeopardy. It's so unacceptable. Not only that, you are relying on people to even admit their travel. You and I know people aren't always honest, especially if it prevents them from getting what they want.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

seriously dude just stfu.

jcf, Rashmon, Blatz and 5 others like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Telling... lots of serious discussions about the Coronavirus crisis, and here comes trump defender mojoman with another cartoon, this time blaming media and Democrats. Reflects trump's own singular and overriding focus on avoiding responsibility and blame.

jo mama, B-Bob, REEKO_HTOWN and 4 others like this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Is the stock market all you losers care about?

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Just had our first confirmed case in Arkansas this morning, in the town I work in. Surreal how you start worrying deeply about your elderly relatives when it's in your backyard

11. NewRoxFan

I reckon trump and his enablers will look for any ray of sunshine, but sure seems clear that its more important to praise trump than anything else...

Odd, trump usually tweets things like this about the Governor of California...

[​IMG]

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, just routine procedures like people who need needs blood tests, but dont want to go get them because they don't want to risk being around sick people is understanding.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm glad they are canceling the Rodeo. It's a smart, proactive approach on preventing more risk.

jcf and FrontRunner like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

I agree. We had relatives visiting us from Canada just for the Rodeo (have 8 tix for Saturday) but prefer to be safe for everyone.

btw, Montgomery ISD closing Thursday and Friday...

15. NewRoxFan

NBA games starting to get impacted:

Nook likes this.
  16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so what's so odd about it then?

17. NewRoxFan

18. NewRoxFan

Not odd, rather typical... the only time trump and his enablers write or say anything civil to Democrats is when they say something positive towards trump.

19. NewRoxFan

20. NewRoxFan

Yea, would have been nice...

Amiga and Buck Turgidson like this.