1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What was up with #11 on Memphis wearing yoga shorts? He looked like Milli and/ or Vanilli.

22-8 bye to quarters.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. dc rock

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Sasser and Mills do not appear to be ready for prime time. Jarreau is too volatile while showing flashes of brilliance too many times he makes bad decisions and bone headed plays. We are going to have to rely on Hinton, Grimes, White, Harris, and others to lead us on our journey in the tournament. Hoping Sasser, Mills, and or Jarreau will step up but as for right now their collective confidence seems to be lacking.

Pat likes this.
  7. dc rock

It's nice to have a well-respected coach and program that doesn't need unprecedented winning streaks to get ranked and can endure tough losses and remain ranked.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

can't wait to see Tramon Mark, Jamal Shead, & Kiyron Powell added to this group next year

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By all estimates, this is a strong recruiting class being added to a good and deep team.
    Do you think Grimes is coming back?
    Other than Harris, do you see anybody else leaving?

seemoreroyals and RayRay10 like this.
  10. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

more heart than the rockets could ever have

seemoreroyals likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

grimes still has his eyes on the nba. I'm not sure this year really did it for him. he's shown flashes for sure but I don't think it was enough. he still needs to use the ncaa to develop whether it's here or somewhere else.

Cedric Alley went from starting and consistent minutes 2 years ago to barely even playing at all this year. I could see him possibly entertaining transfer options as it doesn't getting any better next year

Two recruits we didn't see this year but have been with the team (G) Cameron Tyson and (F) J'Wan Roberts

UH is going to have a ton of depth next year, maybe too much. But Kelvin has played a deep rotation these last couple of years.

Next year will be

Gresham/Kyrion at C.
    White/Gorham/Roberts at PF

Hinton, Grimes, Mills, Sasser, Jarreau, Mark, Shead, Tyson all looking for minutes in any of the 1,2,3 spots.

Pat and RayRay10 like this.
  12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I've heard rumblings that Grimes is leaning towards coming back. He was battling injuries all year which was a huge reason for his inconsistency. Kind of depends on what happens during the tourney...if he has a strong tournament, he's probably gone.

If he does come back, and assuming no one else transfers out, it probably does mean that Ced will have to transfer out (we'd be one over the scholarship limit if everyone decides to come back). Of course, if Q does come back, we're probably a top 10 team.

And Tyson is going to be huge for us. Gives us the long range bomber that we lacked this seaosn when Armoni left. Going to be an embarrassment of riches next season whether or not Grimes comes back...and it's only going to get better.

Pat and YOLO like this.
  13. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

The way Jarreau has been playing lately maybe his mind is elsewhere? With all this new talent coming in its a good problem to have. If I was the head coach and I had a player with as much talent as Jarreau that made so many stupid untimely plays it would absolutely drive me crazy. I don't see Jarreau getting drafted but maybe the G League or somewhere overseas?

14. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's an informative post, thanks.
    I looked up Roberts on 24/7 and see he was rated higher than fellow recruits Caleb Mills and Marcus Sasser!!!
    But I didn't find Tyson. What's his story?

I know we got Grimes because he looked at going pro (and lost his space at Kansas), but I don't know how that went. Was he humbled enough to wait and learn more, or he was he close enough to try again next year? Another year at UH and he could be well positioned coming off a deep NCAA run (optimist that I am)!

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

@Pat

Cameron Tyson is a redshirt transfer with 3 years left. much like mills last year, he spent this whole year practicing with UH and all the guys, just not able to play any actual games. from what's been said he's a sharpshooter

Grimes took the entire draft break to decide whether or not he would remain. I doubt he does that again without knowing where he stands this time around. If I had to bet, I believe he comes back for his junior year especially if the Coogs do fairly well both in the AAC and NCCA tourney. As good as UH is projected to be in the 21' season, there will be plenty of attention for him to garner

RayRay10 and Pat like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

NCAA Tourney canceled.

18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

man what a bummer for all these guys not to be able to experience a NCAA tourney, especially for the senior's

20. PhiSlammaJamma

That escalatered quickly. I guess we co-champs of the ncaa. Hang the banner biotches.

CometsWin likes this.