1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CALM DOWN] rebuilding isn’t that bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 9, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not gonna dispute your experiences because they are yours and you can do what you want bro, you a good guy. But for me there isnt anything wrong with believing in your team. I dont care who calls me delusional or if it ends in disappointment, I dont get points for being a so called "realist." I ca be objective when it matters, but I'm always gonna lean homer because I always believe our team has a shot, Harden, Morey and Dantoni I believe in all 3, warts and all. :D
    Man, you can say whatever, the fact is nothing we do is controlling any of this. If you dont have a hope they can win...why are you still here??? You know why, its because deep inside you still kinda think they can pull it off, otherwise why be here. So you can laugh at people with your supposed intellectual superiority...lol cmon guy.

hakeem94 and kjayp like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Very very toxic thread.

LosPollosHermanos and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly man, are you hearing anything new from the team at all?

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Maybe we could fool the Nets into trading Durant and Kyrie to us for WB/Harden? Those two dudes had a terrible
    season.

Then trick the Raptors into trading Siakam for Tucker.

Then trick the Warriors to trade us Klay for Eric Gordon.

Shucks, who are we going to play at center? Bringing in Boogie Cousins should be easy.

And Bam!! We be contenders again!!

DeBeards likes this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

100% no.
    Dude is getting paid around $17-$18 Mil per year for three more years after this season.

6. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Tell that to Spike Lee and Knicks fans. 20 years of rebuilding

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I agree with this. Russ Harden RoCo are keepers. PJ we’ll keep because he’s cheap but we just need to add better big men and better shooters. And when I mean better shooters I mean efficient ones. We literally haven’t had one that great besides EG’s best season with us and Ryno for half a season.
    I would love if we somehow got Jerami Grant Joe Harris and a veteran 7 footer, like Tyson, but like, not retired yet active. Obviously that’s a ridiculous ask for this summer but just saying we’re not doomed. One of those would help greatly.

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I mean its sucks that rockets aint #2 seed, but damn you people got me, they almost 40-24. I was just joking...

HP3 likes this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Covington deal for 2 firsts
    Gordon 1 first
    WB 4 firsts

Other teams add bad contracts.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No....! Russ gotta go! Was a mistake to pick up a 6'3 Center. There is a reason why he has never made it past the first round with Durant. People need to stop blaming the coach and the organization. He doesn't have a good outside shot and it is killing his ability to play in todays space and pace league.

ronclone likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

at least OP got rid of the nephew-tier avatar

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean....this is a pretty nephew tier thread though. :D

13. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

exactly after i stopped watching rockets after they lost to the lakers at home without AD in January, my life has been so much better, without the daily distress that comes after disappointing performances one after another. i am rooting for Clippers, hope for the best for beverly, Lou and Harrel, these guys represents true toughness, which our superstar JH has none of, he thinks only skill is important.

Man i miss the Yao, artest day, with Landry, Scola, Hayes, u give me that team, i would watch every single game without a complaint, i just want to see the guys compete, no whining for foul calls, no drama

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

People still think we are not 6 months to 2 years before we are in full rebuild mode?

By 21-22 season, D'Antoni, Morey, and Harden will be gone. We have no real draft pics.Tillman already millions of dollars in the red. I really dont expect much from this team for the rest of the decade.

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Couldn't afford to pay any them while Harden and Westbrook are Rockets anyways. Infact, on closer examination, these players are the best available to surround Harden and Westbrook without demanding superstar money themselves. Either the chemistry gets better or that's it.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Only thing worse than rebuilding is being terrible and watching another team use your high draft picks to select players. Thanks OP, now I feel even worse.

17. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Morey has done a good job drafting. Got us Yao, Francis, Mobley, Parsons, Eddie Griffin, Scola etc.

Give him a few years and he will be able to rebuild another contender

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

We're stuck on this bad acid trip for at least another two years hombre.

19. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I’m rooting for a rebuild. Fun challenge and something new to root for. Also, cheaper tickets.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Lurch and apollo33 like this.