1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke: Rockets will never be on my top tier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He used to be a marine. He's got post traumatic schizoid augmentation.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Yeah and you will never be enjoyable to listen to Doris, you nasally bum.

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

She said nothing about the 2018 Rockets. Her comment was: At the beginning of this season, the only teams on her first tier from the Western Conference were the Lakers and the Clippers, and the Bucks in the Eastern Conference.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I doubt many think the Rockets are in that tier. The thing is, why should anyone give 2 fcks about what Doris thinks on the matter?

burlesk likes this.
  5. blackistan

blackistan Member

She spoke the truth Rockets are not in the same class as the LA teams nor will they be unfortunately at least not this year with this team

Zoplicone likes this.
  6. HookemHorns1250

Eh, I wouldn't call it sexism. You don't hear people losing their minds of Hubie? Over Reggie? Replace this title with Reggie and you'd have literally the same responses, yes minus a few that turn it into a female situation, but not nearly the amount that you seem to be making it out to be.

I actually think she does bring a lot to games, but her habit of having certain favorites and ignoring all of their flaws is extremely annoying, as is with a lot of commentators.

pr0wler, hakeem94 and Houstunna like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...she is not wrong

lw17 and Boki4MvP like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Don’t worry Dorris Burke, you will never be mistakenly placed in our top tier of basketball analysts

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

DeBeards, Tfor3 and tinman like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Doris is a terrible person with terrible takes with terrible looks with terrible terribles.

Rocket River

Tfor3, tinman, Zboy and 1 other person like this.
  11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

LOL at the sensitive people who are offended by her opinion, especially when she isn't necessarily wrong AND that its one shared by a large portion of the members of this site (judging by the threads and posts this past season).

lw17, pr0wler and hakeem94 like this.
  12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

With that attitude, she'll never be on top of me

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Never?

What a racist.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Never?
    She said never. That's not an opinion. That's hate.

Tfor3, hakeem94, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

And another reason to mute Doris, she’s the gift that keeps on giving. She is on fire! How could you not love her, with that beautiful voice and such eloquent and intelligent use of words and sentences?!

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I think rational people will know/assume/infer that she was talking about this year. Its a hot takes morning sport show for entertainment... nuance and language that intricately and fully details one's view/thoughts aren't exactly encouraged.

FWIW I dont get the Burks or Hubie is bias against the Rockets thing. Barkley, Ryan Russillo, Andrew Sharp & Chris Vernon... yeah I see it there, but not those other two.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think the difference is that boris/hubie are on the actual game broadcasts, which in theory should be neutral. in this segment, i have to agree that "never" is the key term to take away. this implies even if the rockets were to play lights out the rest of the way and into the playoffs -- boris will never change his stance. if that's not hate/bias then i dunno what is..

slothy420 and Tfor3 like this.
  18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Bullard was just sticking up for her on yesterday's broadcast

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed the distinction between national broadcasters and others... IMO they are in general neutral (even "homers" Worrell and Bullard were singing Doris praises the last Rockets broadcast).

Also agreed that the word "never" isn't the best, but I chalk that up to the format, focus and direction of the program she was on. I don't think nuance, long form opinions or layered level headed takes are the point of "First TAKE"

hakeem94 and pippendagimp like this.
  20. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

She was one of the first to call out small ball, so she deserves some respect. Wasn’t great analysis, just said tall people are necessary to rebound and stop layup drills.