1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN rank Zion, Luka, Tatum

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigBum, Feb 26, 2020.

?

Who will be the best young player?

1. Tatum, Steven A pick

13 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Luka, Jay Williams pick

82 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Zion, Max pick

28 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well I guess I can't expect an intelligent, non-sarcastic answer then. Class adjourned lol

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's pretty amazing that Dallas's offensive rating is better than the Warriors's best seasons. Of course, the season is not finished and they may drop in the last third of the season. But that's totally unexpected before the season started. They are more than 2.5 points ahead of the second team, the Rockets.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Is this even a question? Zion will be playing for couple of years and then break down, Tatum is really good but Luka is transcendent and it was clear the moment he played for Real Madrid

roslolian and omgTHEpotential like this.
  5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

An interesting stat from yesterday's loss against Bulls. Luka had 14 shots on 24 drives, got 15 points out of it. Guess how many free throws awarded on 24 drives?

ZERO.

He has one less drive per game than westbrook, but shoots only 2.5 FTs per 20.5 drives per game. He's 2nd in drives per game in whole NBA and 14th in FTs/drive. Ref's bias is comical at this point.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You seem quite familiar with Euro Barn Ball -- keep the hot takes droppin like hot cakes.

@SamFisher

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

if he was given some chance and lettuce , Joshua Smith would had been superior to Zion

[​IMG]

11. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

You clearly miss the point of this thread. :( It's to sh*t on Doncic while making up silly arguments why he's not better than either Tatum or Zion.

TimDuncanDonaut and bmelo like this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

I could use Hardens quote on that one lol... Doncić "I wish I was 300lbs and had 50" vertical and just run and dunk.. but I had to actually learn to play basketball you know heh". Luka knows how to play basketball, has superb technique, tactics awareness and decision making than any of his age peers.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  13. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

[​IMG]

Still think Luka doesn't make his teammates better? I'm sure you have an intelligent rebuttal to this image.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Luka MVP in 2022.

Zion might smell it in 2028. As with everyone else, his legs are a concern for me.

Koperboy likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Slovenia got 2 million total population, so raising a young Lebron is really a one time thing.

16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

People said the same after he won ROTY. He probably can't get much better at passing, inside game and handling. What he can get better at, is 3p%, FT% and athleticism (less baby fat, quickness, etc.) If he raises those three categories little by little every year, he will be much better in his prime than he is now. Don't make the same mistake others did.

17. omgTHEpotential

I don't know if I buy that. He's not just gonna turn into a significantly better athlete. I think athletically Luka is what he is. At the same time, I don't buy Tatum/Zion hype either. While you can't learn elite athleticism, it's also impossible to just 'learn' Luka's skillset at the same level. Luka is a basketball savant, Tatum/Zion aren't.

roslolian likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I really f**king hate that Doncic is on the Mavericks.

Either his career is derailed by injuries, or he's gonna be a megastar for the next decade plus and Dallas is gonna be regularly in the mix for titles. I'm not really happy with either outcome.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are right Luka is a basketball savant but you need more than Bball IQ to be a HOF player. Thats why Shaq ranks higher than Steve Nash. Luka is great offensively but he'll never be the elite 2 way player Tatum can be. He is also already dealing with ankle issues in just his second year, I mean thats not a good sign esp since this season was truncated and they had like 3 mos of rest midseason. Now matter how good Luka is if he turns out to have chronic injuries for mos5 of his career then thats gonna affect his performance.

I never bought the Zion hype cuz he is just too short, you gotta be a freak to be the best player of your generation and while Zion does have hops and quickness he is too short for his position. It's not just the height but also his arm length and hand size, if he is shorter he is just gonna be at a disadvantage when it comes to fighting for balls and making plays in open space. Tatum is 6'8 to begin with and if you see him he is kinda like a gorilla already his arms drag down his body they are that long. Thats why you shouldnt lump Tatum and Zion together one is just extremely athletically gifted but the other dude is a true freak of nature and has the template of superstardom all over him.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I gotta go Luka. Even, if the others improved, Luka has a Harden and Bird trajectory.