1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we flame out in the first round, do we trade Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Mar 8, 2020.

?

If we flame out in the first round, do we trade Harden?

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No

89 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Not a knee jerk thread, Harden is in the worst slump of his career and looks completely disinterested. It could be drama in his life, maybe he's hurt or maybe his ego or maybe he's tired of MDA or Tilman?

We as clutchfans will ride or die, long after Harden is gone.

If Harden is on the decline, I think our best bet is to sell high and start building for the future. Harden will be 31 next year and IMO it doesn't look like he's willing to alter his game as his body wears down. He's forcing everything and his body language and leadership has been disappointing.

If we don't win it all this year, IMO we never will (Harden era)

I personally think Harden has checked out. I think we'll see glimpses of Hargod at times but this Harden has shown no heart. What happened to the celebrations? What happened to the flexes, the nosebleeds, the fire?

4 possibilites

-Harden is hurt (can't beat his man, no lift)
    -Harden just met Father Time (skill deterioration)
    -Harden has checked out (system, mental midget)
    -Harden doesn't want to play basketball anymore (retirement)

I thought we had at least 2-3 more years but sometimes life happens. AI was scoring 26ppg at age 32 and dropped off the map a year after.

Again, these are my opinions. I pray I eat crow after the playoffs. I have a feeling I'm right, time will tell.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Realistically they will give him another year or two to prove himself in the playoffs.

Harden has to basically demand a trade for this to happen.

I am pretty sure it won't happen barring some unforeseen circumstance.

amaru likes this.
  3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I agree, I think the organization will only trade him if he demands it. I think the money they make off him will keep him here. For basketball reasons I think it's time to move on if we flame out. I would be for it. If the dude laid it out like Westbrook, I wouldn't care if we only won 20 games. I so badly want him to be a leader, with a do whatever it takes mentality to win.

#3 bleedroxred79, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    kjayp, ilovehtownbb and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

Only if he demands it. And then what of his bff Russ? He demand to go too? I don’t see Harden demanding a trade and we won’t trade him.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Have to. You have to minimize the damage trading all those picks will do. They are top 3 protected so we have a chance to rebuild

lw17, ilovehtownbb and bleedroxred79 like this.
  6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I agree bro, we send him out for a big haul. Let's see how the playoffs turn out. If we flame in the first or get swept in the second, I'm 100% in

lw17 likes this.
  7. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Harden aino getting traded

Rockets for life

pgabriel and HP3 like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, CP3 flamed out in the playoffs last year, too, so we traded him. Sounds like a plan.

drama is fun ... even as a hypothetical, before it happens

9. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I vote no.

Give him an off-season doing nothing but catch and shoot (and maybe get in a little better shape for this style of play), let Russ be primary ball-handler next season, and let’s see how it goes.

hikanoo49 likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It sucks but you’re right, these dumbasses have been trading away picks for years, they don’t have a future so they need picks

lw17 likes this.
  11. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Before Harden, MDA or Morey will be the first ones gone before Harden. Tillman will force new coach/GM to re-strategise their game plan. Besides, if Rockets cant get Lebron, Giannis, Leonard, KD or Curry in trade for Harden then team is not improving at all from what already exists. And I highly doubt Rockets get any of these players. Rockets are lucky to have 2 great pieces in Harden n Russ. They just need new direction and defensive minded coach if current experiment with small ball completely fails.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tilman is the saving grace of this franchise. Time to get rid of Morey and his stupid ass analytics

lw17 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  13. s3ts

s3ts Member

insanity.

Harden is better than RW. RW will never take any team to the WCF like Harden did.

trading Harden will bring demise to this franchise for at least 4 years, and no superstar FA would ever want to come here.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The risk of allowing Harden to just let him age on the Rockets is a following era with no picks and no hope. If we trade Harden next season or the following season, we can atleast build a new core because Harden will at least net young guys and picks.

ilovehtownbb and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

YES! YES!! Trade Harden . .. then we won't have to worry about the playoffs again .. . . not for at least a decade

Rocket River

arubato and CCity Zero like this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Harden is my favourite player. And this question depends on a lot of factors, one being Morey still being here.

One does have to keep in mind, Morey ended up having to keep Mcgrady longer than he would have wished, and it hurt the team.

cerophilik likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What exactly does a Harden flame out in the playoffs look like?

Rocket River

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Got any of the previous seasons on video?

lw17 likes this.
  19. macan

macan Member

yes we need to trade him while he's still has some value.
    we ain't getting no first round picks if we wait for another two years. his value gonna tank big by then.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If you get Hayward and Brown plus a first. I dont see a better deal, any other teams gonna throw you picks, and not so good players for harden. Hayward can get traded on/after the draft, so maybe 2021 pick. I mean if you can get a 2020 pick that be cool, boston owns a good pick right? Thing is can you convince westbrook that Rockets clean house to build around him.

I doubt he buys into that. You would also have to trade him maybe to knicks or suns. When i look at those teams, but ya i love to start over getting good assets etc, and build around Brown and Hayward. Brown gonna be legit player in few years. Boston would cave in to have Taytum, Harden, Walker 3 over there. Imagine Harden in the EAST? He be ballin over there, plus driving more to the basket, not playing this type of bball which might be slowing him down. Jaylen Brown gonna be good.

Y2JT likes this.