1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is declining

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Caprah

Caprah Member

Lin trolls posting in this thread will disappear once harden bounces back

bobloblaw likes this.
  2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I always felt he was playing through some type of injury but I didn't want to use it as an excuse because these Harden haters will just start b****ing about it.

We probably should rest him as soon as we make the playoffs. Who gives a crap if we finish 8th at this point, because we're not finishing top 4. I would rather play the Lakers early in the playoffs regardless.

3. Mr. Space City

If Harden is hurt, he’s the one who has gone on record as saying he doesn’t load manage to try and win imaginary tough guy points.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

It seems that not everyone sees Harden getting beat to hell in the paint. He is played a team game and defense is being played by him on much bigger players. That has to be taxing on him —> effects all aspects of his game. Harden’s game has changed because he is being asked to do so. He can’t do everything. He has put his historical run on hold for the betterment of the team. Watch the switches and Harden will almost always take the bigger player.

pippendagimp likes this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Sounds like Big Baby Davis, can he play in the Big 3?

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Or watch again, it’s called something he never like to move his feet to do one on one defense, even when he will be interested to do so, the hardest effort will be just let his opponents blow by him and them trying to slap the ball from behind.

7. fattz

fattz Member

Funny we see the same thing and have different views. I see bigger players going through him because of shear physical domination over him. You see lack of effort not being able to stop a professional athlete that is bigger and stronger than him. Either way he is getting the hell beat out of him every game now and because of that it effectively is taking away from his success as the all world player that he is.

8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

all Those minutes are not just the only cause of his downfall. I think is just his lifestyle outside of basketball. If I’m not mistaken he still parties often. We saw it against Miami how bad he played there. And We all know what Miami is famous for. Anyway I believe is all his activities after the game. Plus he is older now before he could be parting and be good the next day when he was younger but after 30s it’s Harder to keep that lifestyle.

if he really wants to win he should focus on the game and focus on partying in the offseason. That and to work on his conditioning. He needs to cut down and lose some weight too. He has no lift barely any explosion on his drives too. His dribbling is basic. I watched some highlights from a few years ago. Even 2 years ago or last year he would do different dribbles. Now he just dribbled on one side and steps back in slow motion and bricks it. Is way way to predictable and slow.

I know it’s not my call n not my life but he needs to settle down with someone. Or cut off partying stripclubs or idk if he drinks too but whatever he is doing (which i know is his life) he needs to cut it down and focus on his work. MWC played better than Harden tonight.

PeterKingX likes this.
  9. Chamillionaire

Old and predictable.

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So in the same sentence you admit that:

- you don't know what he's doing

Then also admit that:

- you know what he is doing in his life

Dude shut up

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Trade Gordon first, WB, then .......

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Harden is reclining

bobloblaw likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is the most perplexing thing about this season. He doesn't look like James Harden anymore. I can't imagine how bball IQ and skills just vanished like that. I also don't believe that stuff that he is hurt. His body language and effort absolutely sucks just like 15-16 however he was still playing well that season. I think there are alot of internal things going on and he has literally tuned everyone out. But who the **** knows. Dude ain't right though.

PeterKingX likes this.
  14. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

James is still a good player and will get out of his shooting slump

But keep in mind he is almost going to be 31 and outside of Kobe and a few others, they tail off quick

Remember how quickly Wade declined

I look forward to him polishing up other areas of his game to continue to contribute (I.E. Vince Carter)

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harden starting to look like Deron Williams out there!

Load management with Harden would be seen as "boy cried wolf" After the shiet Harden has been talking about mvp trophies and media narratives.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They should pity him rather hate him now. It is really just sad.

He can still score 30 or 40 any given night but carrying a team on your shoulders takes a toll on your body.

There is still some time. I mean Jordan could still score some as a 39 year old. Kobe didn't just vanish when he got older too.

#56 daywalker02, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  17. JackLordsHair66

And it was skewed bit by a handful of very good games, but in general not quite standard Harden which I get is a lofty ceiling but he wast like he’s was for 6/7 weekends in Nov/Dec.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

What was the reason he struggled before small ball?

JackLordsHair66 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nets Levert stole all Harden skills

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

he could very well be a victim of his own success but unfortunately when you set those type of mvp standards that he has, that's the par lens people will look through. as of now though this is just as bad as we've ever seen