1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do we fix this mess?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Mar 8, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Make 3’s

we are strategically boxed in

you guys think PnR with 37 year old tyson or with Hartenstein is a better move that what we are doing ?

we have to make shots and bring more
    Intensity on D .

now , whether or not the team has juice to execute is another question ... but it’s easy to see what we need to execute on.

oh and James should prolly be willing to take a mid range stepback .

2. MystikArkitect

Doesn't matter. We have the personnel just not the direction or coaching. This team plays like a theoretical math equation in a PhD dissertation.

The season where we could've won it all we were one of the best teams defensively. That's the answer. Winning NBA teams have a combination of great offense and great defense. People always point to the Warriors being a great jump shooting team but they were great defensively. Something the Rockets have only been once in Hardens time here.

The time we almost won it all.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Not fixable at this point. Get rid of Morey and MDA after the season ends (round 1) and get new management team and free agents for next year. The window with this group has officially closed.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What did we used to claim? We’re a player or two away. Yea...that’s the ticket!

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Vs Lakers clippers

MDA is the only one knows how to fix.

new coach don’t know.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

new fans

7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yea no more casual homers

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm not sure anyone other than Harden can fix Harden. If he was playing like 17-18 Harden it wouldn't be as bad. Still we need to expand the rotation. If 3's are not falling attack the rim. Put in effort every game. No effort with small ball will be a loss everytime. Also utilize Hart. 48 minutes of small ball aint it.

9. MONON

MONON Member

Relax chicken little, the sky is not falling. We lost on the road to the lowly Hornets & that's a bad loss. However we were without Russ so don't fire or trade everyone. Besides, we have a tendency to play down to the competition, especially on the road. We do need to regroup though!

10. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

The Dolan / Fertitta era may be beginning sooner than we all imagined.

11. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I like how you left out the embarrassing Knicks loss and the blowout loss to the Clippers. I don't understand fans that live in an alternate universe when it comes to their team.

12. BigTex

BigTex Member

Rockets are 9th worst in 3P%. Here are the bottom 10

Cavs
    Rockets
    Bulls
    Hornets
    Nets
    Magic
    Twolves
    Knicks
    Warriors
    Hawks

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Pick up Mbah Moute. Run PNR.

14. Asian Sensation

Harden is shooting 35% from 3pt on 12.7 attempts per game on the season. That’s at or below league average in terms of percentage and #1 by a mile in terms of attempts. Not good.

Over his last 4 games he’s 9/49 on 3 pointers. 9 FOR 49. 18% on ridiculously high volume. That’s absolutely pathetic. This board loves to bash Melo and Antoine Walker is the butt of all jokes when it comes to chucking 3’s. Well I got news for you... Harden makes both them guys combined look conservative.

To top it off he’s been careless with the ball (typical), looks disinterested and makes overall poor decisions.

Not only has has he not improved anywhere from the last 3 seasons he’s actually regressed. We’ve already seen his best. He peaked a couple seasons ago.

It’s always something with this guy and his supporters make every excuse in the book for him and give him a pass like nbd.

Worst of all... there’s nobody that holds him accountable for his shitty play and things aren’t gonna get better cause small ball is definitely not suitable for his style of play. Another first or second round flameout coming.

Prove me wrong Jimbo. You won’t.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's not really fixable. They don't hit 3's at a good clip and they don't rebound. Those things aren't magically turning around.

Tato1971 likes this.
  16. macan

macan Member

Trade Frauden for Kevin Love

17. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Trade Covington to atl for Clint

lol

I wanna hate the rockets for choking it up
    But I can’t, I’m in love win or lose

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Trash can banging to signal when a guy is wide open?

Htown Stros likes this.
  19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Playing with more energy, more players who give a crap

No smallball

Oh this season? Its. Over

20. MONON

MONON Member

My bad for specifically leaving out the Knicks loss. I meant to mention that loss in my post as I was also referring to it in my last sentence "play down to the competition, especially on the road".