1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 3/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Green's 4 games where he has played 20 minutes or more have been great

D-rock, Blurr#7 and deb4rockets like this.
  2. smp

smp Member

Brutal

BasketMAD, D-rock, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Calvin: I don't advocate teammates fighting but in my age, we wouldn't be happy with one another. Time to recognize there is something not right.

They weren't ready to play, to start the game off. It was 20-0 before they got involved mentally. They're too good, too much talent.

BasketMAD, BeBreezy, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

It is a little funny that we all said that Westbrook would play more games than Cp3 and yet at this stage, Cp3 has missed 1 game whilst Westbrook has missed 9.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

But it is true though? Like....he hasnt been on defense, hes been decent from the Corners, no reason not to play him. Jeff just straight up doesnt put effort in consistently.

6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You'll get your wish when he leaves in the summer and we won't be a playoff team anymore. You're so quick to jump on him, but he's made us into a contender. You also forget about last season. We 11-14 and had multiple injuries to key players and we got to the playoffs because of James Harden.

I hope you like watching fun basketball.... but losing basketball. It's a coincidence we were never a contender until Harden came here..... well, not for like 2 decades.

Never seen a player like James Harden get **** on by his own fans. He deserves to have a bad season. He's played great every single season but this one. And even this season, he's still gave us 3 good months.

Turnovers have always been a part of Harden's game..... even in his much better and consistent seasons, so no clue why you're using that against him. He throws a lot of ambitious passes, which result in a lot of his turnovers. He's still getting us a lot of rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and big points most games. The only thing that's off is his 3pt shooting game. He'll get it back to a consistent basis.... just might not get it back for a few more months.

You're the typical hater who comes on and starts nitpicking Harden's as soon as he has a bad game. You would rather we lose so you blame it on Harden.

Hopefully Harden does leave us and you deluded fans will get your wish. You'll see the grass isn't always the greener on the other side.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You post significantly more about me than I do about you which means you think about me a lot even when Im not replying to you.

I don't think I've ever @ed you or referenced you once.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

He'll be okay though. Better this happens now than later. I dont know whats going on, but I know its not decline.

SORF and bj3175 like this.
  9. SORF

SORF Member

OH don't be so self-center...I don't think of your brainless tirades at all. And most on this board don't either.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he hasnt played well minus tonight.

so why doesn't your logic of jeff green apply to carroll then. since you said well theres a reason why green doesnt play more. while at the same time carroll plays even less. is there no reason that carroll doesn't paly more like green

green started the 2nd half. and I expect it to be a change in the future and rightfully so

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sad

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

House scores 3 points as a starter,
    meLemore scores 3 points as a starter.

bj3175 and BigShasta like this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Insert Green

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Harden calling himself the best player and saying Giannis has no skills destroyed him mentally. Haven't seen someone commit basketball suicide like that since Tmac's infamous "it's on me".

BigShasta and ksny15 like this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would take Kardashian Harden over this version

PeterKingX likes this.
  16. smp

smp Member

Wow. I never expected to hear that from you. I missed this game and it must have been really bad to push you that far.

Has there ever been a player that can go as high and low as Harden? Half the season he looks like the MVP and one of the greatest ever. Then he turns to ****. Ugh.

BeBreezy likes this.
  17. PWR

PWR Member

This is the 1st game all season that I didn't watch. I knew it was going to be a loss because the previous 2 losses showed me that our team (except Westbrook) has quit.

This isn't a talent issue. This isn't a scheme issue. THIS IS AN EFFORT ISSUE. I dont know why the team has decided to quit, but it is painfully obvious. Once they decide to start giving a damn again, I'll start faithfully watching again.

This is some b.s.

18. cujo

cujo Member

Also Why is Westbrook not playing back to backs. Can cut his minutes down on back to backs

BeBreezy likes this.
  19. Junebball

Junebball Member

Something is not right with Harden mentally and it affects him physically. May be shut him down for a week to clear his mind. We will be fine with Russ led team

PeterKingX likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you notice the differ in how much leaner he was in 2017-2018 along with him having slower foot speed and less explosition this season, ya part of it is decline or not being in his optimal shape.