1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 3/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2020.

1. cujo

cujo Member

Bullard says Rox in slump....the system is just flawed. No way can beat any good team in playoffs.

2. Mr. Space City

quadruple double for harden :eek:

D-rock and juanm34 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

House, McLemore and shockingly PJ are just not starters.

Demarre and Green deserve more play time.

But Rockets simply lack talent.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Harden is so lost out there. He basically is still in the old mode to draw the teeth of the defense to him and look for a roll man. Not working.

BasketMAD and DreamShook like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

boston started the box 1 look with defenders at the elbows, while the back side sags and the rockets are struggling with it now more than ever. especially when everyone around harden stands and watches him have bad games

BigShasta likes this.
  6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#Garbage

D-rock likes this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That’s why D’Antoni needs to go. This game was lost from the beginning with that trash starting lineup. Then when they get close he goes away from what was working. He doesn’t recognize good lineups and will continue to play trash players like House and Mclemore when they’re not even playing well.

kjayp likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets are 0-3 in the last three games and two of those losses have come against two of the worst, least thought about teams in the league. The other was a blowout at home.

The small ball got me excited for a second there, but this team is who I thought they were.

BasketMAD likes this.
  10. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Morey is gone

So is mike d

And after that if its still the same bs harden can go

BasketMAD likes this.
  11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I’m no doctor but surely by now RW can comfortably play b2b’s? We’re getting down to the wire on the season soon...

12. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

This game was without westbrook

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is why Harden giving no pressure to start was so frustrating. If he comes out trying to get his shot instead of letting people trap him and zone him then passing off, maybe these fringe players get more confidence.

Harden should be setting the tone. the tone was set by everyone bricking instead Harden scoring.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No one has to think about you man,

You spam post negative Harden takes so that everyone knows you are here.

We get it.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Entropy

Entropy Member

If this is the effort we're going to see from Harden for the rest of the year we might as well shut it all down, get his ass into the gym on a treadmill with a dedicated trainer to make sure he's in form for next season. Because a 1st round exit is where the rockets are heading right now.

16. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I keep watching this stuff and I'm going to be showing as much depression as Harden is. I found a Robin Hood series on Prime . . .

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'll make sure to properly allocate my takes on Harden so you don't get depressed.

Sorry I'm not thinking about your sensibilities when posting. My bad.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1 game from the 7 seed. Failure of a season so far.

19. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

For those watching the game via play-by-play, what were the biggest factors to explain this loss? Missed open shots in high volume? Refs? Harden? Small ball? MDA? Tyson Chandler?

It's a good thing this is only an experiment. If it doesn't work, we'll scrap it and move on to whatever model can come close to beating the sub-500 teams. Right? Or do we have to wait until next season?

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yes, good. Remind us all that you're a paragon of neutrality when you started the conversation no one else was having. I literally work a day job as a data scientist.

If you can show me stats, I'll take them. The stats show that other players (Embiid, Antentokounmpo) get more fouls per usage and drive than Harden, and Ginobili and Parker were doing this when Harden was playing on the playground in California. Lebron and Wade have won finals flopping, too.

Do yourself a favor and read about "reification", "mind projection fallacy" and "proof by assertion". See if you have anything left to talk about.

D-rock, jordnnnn and fckbandwagons like this.