1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Race - Media pushing for Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Mar 5, 2020.

1. andersongo

andersongo Member

The coastal media hivemind seemingly exist in a nice little world where ony the LA teams seems to matter. The schadenfreude when Giannis and his Bucks from dairyland eventually ask "What does the five fingers say to the face?" is going to be delicious.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Giannis -2000 favorite to win MVP at the moment.

LeBron at +1000.....

Giannis is pretty much guaranteed to win it

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Milwaukee is 5-1 in games Giannis didn't play this year.

roslolian likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron should be the MVP:
    1. It makes a better story, which you know is the major factor in MVPs. From #washedking to #returnoftheking and all that.
    2. You dont want Giannis, dude who cant shoot and gets half his pts traveling, getting b2b MVP
    3. Bucks have winning record without Giannis, Lakers +/- plummet when King James sits
    4. Last thing I wanna see is Giannis' ugly mug get another MVP after all that **** he said about Harden
    5. Bucks got most of their wins and stats vs crappy East teams. Their record against teams above 0.500 actually worse than Rockets (or were worse before these 2 losses anyway)

JW86 and jerryclark like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bucks play in the East, Giannis has a massive leg up on racking up all these stats against crappy East teams like Hornets, Knicks, Hawks etc. Western teams only have 2 teams with less than 24 wins while Eastern teams have 7 teams with less than 24 wins and that is taking into account West teams play each other a lot more.

You can see Bucks +/- they hardly miss a beat when Giannis sits, your MVP sitting should have a huge impact on your performance if there is very little difference that means other people are putting up all these amazing stats when Giannis sits down so what he is doing isnt that special cuz it can be replicated by his teammates.

NBA should do away with these East-West nonsense let every team play each other fairly so the stats and seeds will be accurate.

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Giannis is a d leaguer

7. MystikArkitect

Give it to him.

He plays in a real conference and actually has skill.

slothy420, xtruroyaltyx and roslolian like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

I can admit when I'm wrong, Lebron is something else and deserves MVP. Didn't even look into stats, take his age into account, was just caught up in the whole focus on LA that I was jumping to conclusions. I'll actually be mad if he doesn't win at this point.

roslolian likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well well well what did I say?

Giannus 16% from 3, -11 on the court vs the King. Love or hate Lebron he is still deserves MVP over Giannis this year.

Good thing for d Bucks they up against PHX next watch Giannis put up big stats against yet another rebuilding team.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bron deserves MVP

so many on CF were acting like he was about to hit a noticeable decline and thought the Lakers wouldn’t even be that good

@hakeem94 thought they wouldn’t even make the playoffs :eek:

media might fck around and crown him GOAT if he wins MVP, FMVP, and a title at the age of 35, and he’ll get even more praise because he did it after the passing of Kobe...media and NBA higher ups couldn’t write a better script if they tried

JW86 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He deserves it.

12. Fantasma Negro

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thanks for bringing that up i just needed a reminder that i am not infallible ;)

Reeko likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

My game is more than power.

::goes up against the only player capable of playing him straight up::

Loses.

roslolian likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rachel just another ESPN hack.

LOL

Anyways, nothing has changed. Giannis is still MVP, no matter how many "feel good" story lines/narratives you wanna throw out for LerBon.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

duplicitous media w****

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  17. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

In that Bucks-Lakers game, LBJ played the game on a string. He used that Chris Paul style of keeping the dribble while in the paint and probing for openings. It was surprisingly effective, like the Bucks' defense was mesmerized and he had a force field on. If that was Beard in the paint, he would have been mugged with no calls. Home cooking does make a difference.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I prefer LeBron win it

Rocket River

Reeko likes this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron is averaging about half the fts harden is.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

If the Lakers take over the league with the best record, Lebron will get it