1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/5/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The next games are easier for sure.

This needed to be said, leave it all out on the court.

Even Ivica Zubac knew about our defensive switching errors.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Dont waste your time with these dudes D Rock, they dont know ball.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

oh you're back! so now after d'antoni gets relieved of his duties at the conclusion of this season, you can both get together and put together your very own 'ministry of truth' in order to regulate & censor any & all rockets fans out there who fail to fully assimilate to your view of everything rockets nation.

it shall not be deemed enough to just say d'antoni was a good coach, on the contrary it must be wholly declared he was a championship level coach! rockets fans MUST hymn devotion to your deity, they must recite in their heads the virtual karaoke chorus: D's are the Champions, my Friends!

resistance shall be futile. it shall be understood that unless you cooperate and repeat this mantra 7 times a day (in honor of the 7-man rotation), you don't know ball!!

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Welp... this game certainly made for a Happy 50th Birthday for me - NOT!
    The wife asked where I wanted to go for my birthday... I said I was happy to stay in and watch the Rox/Clippers game... my bad... :(

arubato, TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Championship level coach, who said that?

Resorting to fake arguments to further BS narratives again, because you are unable to articulate your sheep positions.

Cute.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

but WHY don't you believe d'antoni is a championship level coach??! stop hating! you don't know ball!

8. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

The Rockets should load manage their three point shot

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I believe he could be.

He isnt championship level.

Yet.

There lies the difference between us, I see the potential and you see ...

Nothing.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so then you see upgrade potential to a 7.5 man playoff rotation? :D

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Man the kawli leonard take on tucker and the dunk on both tucker and covington was one for the ages to enjoy in middle of third quarter.

Harden got dunked on by zubac too around 5:00 mark of second half. It was oooooo-glay!

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

that number 27 sounds familiar for some reason. Oh yea game 7 in 2018

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another fake narrative.

MDA played a consistent 9 man rotation in 2017-2018 playoffs - seriously, look it up. Against both Timberwolves and Jazz, average rotation was 9 deep.

Only 2 games vs. GSW did D'Antoni play a shorter rotation than 9 men due to injuries to Nene, Luc and then CP3.

Both those games Rockets WON.

When D'Antoni has the players who are playable, he will play them just as he did his first and second seasons with Houston.

He did not have those players last season.

And D'Antoni is still figuring out this new roster. Do you realize that Rockets have played just 7 games since Green and DMC were acquired?

The Rockets record is 5-2 in those 7 games.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh...you know what, I'm just gonna put you on ignore, thats the easiest thing to do. And I suggest everyone else do the same.

D-rock likes this.
  15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

the fast break transition dunks by the clips was just too much. Landry Shamet from the atlanta hawks summer league is steady in the clippers rotation too.

Clippers are too good for the rockets!

16. riko

riko Member

Nothing changes this clown aka macan and how many others ids he uses is replying to himself yet again. Get help

17. riko

riko Member

Jesus’s Christ that was awful. I was this close to just quitting on the team but I’ve been a fan for over 20 and majority of my life just can’t quit. But dear god that first half was awful as it gets.

Jeff Green and Russ were the only positives. With a a powerful and now firing on all cylinders lakers looming in la in a few days we will know more.
    Charlotte is obviously is no easy game as well

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

your unwarranted confidence in pringles is based on false premise.

"he will play them just as he did his first and second seasons with Houston"

game 5 @ SAS????? the most egregious strict 7-man rotation in modern playoff coaching history?

game 6 last year kerr used 11 guys and their starters were able to turn it on in the final minutes of the 4th Q. meanwhile pringles ran our starters into the ground, tucker playing 45min for instance. even his 9-man rotation you claim -- nene/green were getting tiny spot minutes

he has overworked his starters every team he's gone to. he has failed to make in-game adjustments his entire career. he has choked in the biggest moments, elimination playoff games.

he will never, ever ever ever, win a title as head coach in this league.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm guessing russ is going to be out against charlotte, since we have a home game the next night

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Relying more and more on the 3 point shot (small/skill ball), on individual contributors (Harden/Westbrook inconsistency)... All of the trends from this team lately are increasing the variance of output. Increasing the risk profile as Morey says. Not that there aren't areas for improvement, but this was largely a loss due to the downside of variance. They missed 35 3s and made 7. Harden was 4/17. That's really all you need to know.