1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You know the thing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by heypartner, Mar 6, 2020.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Fool me once ...

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

His inability to speak is a big part of why he is a terrible candidate. Doesn't matter if it is fair or unfair.

ThatBoyNick and tmoney1101 like this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Isn't his inability to speak due to a slight stuttering issue? Not a measure of intelligence. Not sure why it's an issue.

FrontRunner and jcf like this.
  4. juicystream

He does have a stutter, but it doesn't matter. Makes him look like he's having mental problems due to his age.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's better than his ignorance and incompetence validating the fact that he has mental problems. Much ado about nothing.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He’s going to get destroyed in debates where he gets 50% of the time.

[​IMG]

him and trump getting after it would be so hilarious if it not for how incredibly embarrassing it would be.

dachuda86 likes this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hasn't held back our current President.

8. jcf

jcf Member

This is bs. Being glib or the best orator is certainly a plus for a politician.

But unless he is legitimately compromised (and it doesn't appear that he is), I don't care if he dealt or is dealing with a stuttering issue when younger. I also don't care if his immediate off the cuff response is not as sharp as it may have been when he was younger.

Life is full of trade-offs. I know plenty of youthful and older world beaters who can talk their way around anything. Doesn't mean they are right. Doesn't mean they have judgment.

Joe appears to still have the cognitive ability; it may just take him a little bit longer to get there.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Joe is right.

I do know the thing.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Would he need to be as bad as what happened with Reagan, where he told the same story twice completely unaware of the first time to admit he has dementia?

Because it's rather obvious and he's not all that far away from his Reagan moment being in public.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd take Biden and his dementia over Bernie breaking the economy in the primary

I'd take Biden and his dementia over Trump breaking all the norms in the general.

He just has to nominate a competent VP that isn't Kamala and he has my vote.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Gipper was considered deeply inteligent by his peers while...

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

A shame we have to have that nobody in the corner reacting... the video of Joe spoke for itself.

14. juicystream

Different demographic of voters, plus Trump doesn't come off as senile when he speaks. He comes off as a moron, but the average voter is a moron.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And that is entirely the fault of his supporters having extremely low expectations. That's what Trump has successfully done. He's decreased the expectations of a qualified president and now we are clinging our hoped to Joe Biden.

Even Sanders has little to no charisma.

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Joe does better when he's speaking in a town hall format and not reading off of some speech someone else wrote...

He needs to take the same concept and attitude he has in town halls and do that with his general speeches.

T_Man

Corrosion likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Really? I feel Joe would be worse off script. That's where majority of his gaffs come from.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Then give him a teleprompter .... and glasses.

fchowd0311 likes this.