1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does James still have some injuries?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

James has lost a few steps...
    His best days are behind him...

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he is tired because in small ball he has to play more D, before he could rest a bit there and Capela would help at the rim, nowhere to hide or rest now.

less energy for offense.

DD

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is not doing that
    He is not doing much . . . . he looks so lethargic

Everything seems to be a chore for him
    Shooting threes is a chore

Rocket River

4. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

This!
    It’s not hard to figure out Harden is not just in shape. When he was in better shape he had more lift, a quicker first step, and tighter handles. He has been getting away with this for a while now just because of his elite offensive abilities, but as he’s aging; it’s catching up with him. If he does not commit to getting in better shape, he might become a liability without his offense prowess. I really want to have hope but Harden may just be content with getting a check for the rest of his career at this point. I really hope in wrong!
    DA

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. TheSource

TheSource Member

he looked slow from the tip

jcmoon likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

i do think he's still recovering from some nagging injury.

but i also think he's trying to save himself for the playoffs a bit.

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lethargic because he's not doing much besides taking lazy stepback 3's. He's not adjusting to how teams are playing him, which is daring him to drive. His defense is atrocious. His focus level is as bad as it's ever been

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Here we go w the phantom injury theories. Like clockwork.

You want to know why he doesn’t have lift? Why he’s lacking explosiveness?? It’s bc for the past 2 yrs he’s ditched any semblance of a diversified offensive attack to purely focus on step backs. He’s purposely ignored practically every other aspect of offense and what’s worse is that the franchise at the very least enabled him if not flat out encouraged him to do it. Nevermind that if he doesn’t have the ball in his hand he’s essentially nonexistent offensively. Imagine being so dogmatic (and dare i say insecure) in your approach to your career that even in the face of persistent poor clutch performances you double down on what isn’t working instead of finding other ways to be successful?

Harden simply doesn’t care enough to do whatever it takes to win. That’s it. There’s your problem.

Dopamine likes this.
  10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Didn't someone say Harden had issues with his foot and calf. For some reason the rockets never talk about Harden's injuries. Notice Harden is never out of games, but we know he gets hurt just like everyone. He just chooses to play through it.

Patience likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will wait out the Playoffs and then explain it with Father time.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Do you guys forget this season when he was averaging 40PPG?

Then he started playing poorly.

Then Russ started playing like the GOAT.

Harden never really came back to the level he was at earlier this year. He's clearly banged up and should probably be resting more.

Gives more time to play Bruno, the real leader of the squad.

Stormy1234 and Rocket River like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think we logging too many minutes

Rocket River

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Hes just getting fat.

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

He just needs to get in small shape. Until then he needs to drive and kick and make decisions earlier in the shot clock so that defenses are off balanced.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

James Harden is single and is now depressed. Remember he had a gf to start the year and he was fine. I think they broke up in January and it's been hit and miss ever since. What Harden needs is a steady gf, and if possible, a child. Look at FVV and all of the players that improved once they had their child.

17. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

We need him to start shooting mid-range to extend the longevity of his career and to ensure his game ages gracefully. Of all star players, his midrange looks crisp and natural. It doesn't have the Tmac and Kobe lift, but the stepback and separation to get it off would pay dividends if applied there. I hate the fact that he's squandering this year and potentially next year just jacking up 3s with career low 3%s.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Alright, Junior... I thought we had a truce. I've made every effort to be civil with you.

But, since all you can do is impersonate a broken record/computer .....

I'll ask your dumbass, one question..What about the first half of the season..when Beard was in Godmode ?!?! What caused this drop off?!?!

Like I said before..."Stick to the damn news."

Go get your shinebox, and...stick to the news.

Oh, and don't forget to @ all those hapless fools you do your damndest to cater to with your unoriginal takes. Cry a river to your buddies...
    You little pricks have brought down the quality of our board..The spirit of.OUR HOME!!!