1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IT'S NOT HARDEN'S FAULT.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Mar 6, 2020.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

I blame Morey, MDA and McHale!!!

I was at the game last night and I saw it in the 1st Qtr.....Harden is shot; fatigued, no energy or whatever you want to call it! Since he's been here, he has carried the load for the Rockets. Morey NEVER put anyone around him! Dwight is not a scorer, CP3 was past his prime and now that he has Brodie, Harden can't bring it like he use to. Morey always put GOOD players around him; Ariza, Luc, Parsons, J-Smoove, etc. But never a PG3, K. Leonard, Curry, Thompson, etc. AND the one and only shot he had HE BLEW IT BY NOT DRAFTING KWAHI LEONARD!!!

MDA and McHale used Harden up. The large amount of minutes has taken it's toll!! Just last year, when Gordon was out, CP3 was out and Capela was out Harden was having to score 40 and 50 ppg to keep the Rockets in the Playoff race.....ALL OF THAT HAS TAKEN IT'S TOLL.

I saw it with Dream. Once it comes, it happens instantly. He just no longer seem like himself for a prolonged period of time. Harden had a recent 10 game slump, his 3-point shot has slipped, his shot is constantly being blocked and he just flat out doesn't have any lift.

Bo6, hakeem94, arubato and 1 other person like this.
  2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

True. Supporting cast is a huge problem.

Supporting casts needs chemistry, House, Rivers and Ben ,.,,..

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Tracy mcgrady didnt like getting blamed either. Thing is mac was just never really healthy, and when he was healty he always take some crappy shots in the playoffs.. Although this russ/harden pairing would be like Mcgrady/Granger pairing on same team. I know houston thou would have a worse team of role players ever thou, and Yao was a big reason they got to alot of success belive it or not. I mean heck they got out of the first round with yao/artest!.

Harden has been a superstar compared to these team, we have been to western confrence finals twice and semis 2 times in five years is not a bad legacy for what the last decade was. This year there needs to be a motivating factor to get past the LA teams..

5. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Lmaoooooooo was he fatigued when he damn near blew the Celtics game by himself? Thee excuses on this board. Smh

6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He’ll be aight. The whole team is still getting used to defending in small ball mode. It’s why their energy/effort is so inconsistent on defense since trading Capella. Feel like it’s a conditioning factor. We need to commit more to the defense. Go back to give Thabo more minutes. He was really good on defense after trading Capela

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Harden is tired just let Russ give the energy and save it for the 4th.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. JackLordsHair66

Harden isn’t all to blame but there is plenty of blame that can and should be laid on his doorstep, if you don’t see that you’ve got to be blind. Seems there is always an excuse for him underperforming in big games that’s not hyperbole it’s fact...

9. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

If you want to be the "leader" or the "face of the franchise" you will get the praise when things go well (MVP awards etc.) and get bashed when you play poorly. It just goes with the territory

But it is just 1 lousy game and he should come back

hakeem94 and bj3175 like this.
  10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

This is well over the 100th time he's done this during pivotal moments of the seasons as a Rocket.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  11. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

He will be alright, let's not make no excuses he's a professional athlete and he doesn't want to sit out. So its on him.

HP3 likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

seriously shutup. He's way too talented to do the bonehead crap he does sometimes. His refusal to switch it up and chuck is not fatigue. I think that argument was valid at one point. I hope he figures it out soon because rox only go as far as harden takes them

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I'll just say, in my games of pickup basketball, when I'm tired, I quit running point. I'll let the other 2 guards on the court run it and I just go stake out in the corner to catch my breath, especially when I know there are others that are capable of doing it on my team.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden is the Rockets.
    Harden is everything that's great about the Rockets.
    Harden is everything that's bad about the Rockets.
    Harden is 2 or 2B behind Tilman(/Daryl)
    They run everything by Harden
    And everything runs through Harden (on the court)
    Owners have come & gone.
    Coaches have come & gone.
    Star players have come & gone.
    Role players have come & gone.
    There's only two constants: Morey & Harden

DeBeards, hakeem94 and BigBum like this.
  16. ballgame

ballgame Member

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. He hasn't been himself since December. I think the work load he has endured over the years has taken it's toll. Also, Harden was never a workout warrior and early on, we all know he partied all the time. I think all of that has taken it's toll.

I'm not saying Harden is blameless. I think because he didn't take care of his body early on, now that he's 30yrs old, he's starting to slow down. But also I'm saying because Morey did not put players around him and because MDA and McHale played him heavy minutes, all of that is adding up!

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

Noooo, it's not 1 lousy game! Harden hasn't been the same guy we've known in the past all year. He's been up and down and since December/January, he's been mostly down

18. ballgame

ballgame Member

We said ALL those same things about Dream too!

19. ballgame

ballgame Member

You're right! We are not machines. And Harden didn't have anybody he could let run the point effectively while he rested until CP3 came and he was hurt the majority of the time.

20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I know some dudes that grew up in Dorchester. Disfunctionality in the home during childhood can take away from a person for life...

#20 Sanctity, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020