1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Apologize....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Mar 5, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He should apologize for not knowing what the regular season means
    Post season?
    @Os Trigonum

Sunflower must think that’s Post Malone’s brother

he doesn’t know what that means

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, next time we win a game they'll be scurrying away again, like the roaches in the basement when we turn on the light. Uh, not saying that I have roaches in my basement or anything...

D-rock, BaselineFade and Patience like this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, you have a point with this and I agree that many sports fans, especially myself, skew on the optimistic side. But here's the thing, regardless of what we fight for or how strongly we believe in making "positive change" there's not a damn thing we can do but watch the show. Being on Clutchfans doesn't mean our voices get heard by the Rockets front office--nor should we expect to be.

It's unfair to say somebody is "content with losing" when they've been around longer and are probably older and more measured with how they approach sports as a fan. It has nothing to do with how somebody lives their life. HOWEVER if somebody throws a fit and just starts yelling after being frustrated with a loss, I'm of the opinion that that comes across worse. That's not a winner's attitude.

And in regards to this game, losing a game badly doesn't mean it's time to blow everything up. Smallball has proven to be successful, but it requires two things: a consistent energy level and decent shooting. We didn't have either until the final 5 minutes today.

Imanimal likes this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Don't feel too bad. You were wrong but it's probably bc you are not as smart as us. Don't beat yourself up about not being smart.

D-rock likes this.
  5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Bring on Moute or Crawford. EG’s game does not match his body anymore. Too late to change that. At least Crawford can shoots lights out. Moute can play lock down D... as long as he doesn’t try to dunk the ball.. he’d be a good 6th man.

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We just need to expand our rotation... gsw ran with 10 at times to keep fresh legs. EG can’t really create anymore... he’s more of a spot up shooter. Rivers has his flashes, but not as gifted. Teams just started scheming and the clips found something... then we adjust... this is all practice for the playoffs.... hopefully we get another piece in place of EG. I can watch Russ all day though. He’s proven to be much more electrifying than James... james reminds me more of sleepy floyds demeanor.. lol

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Were you apologising when Morey was essentially the only GM in the league who had the balls to gun for the Warriors juggernaut and not give up for the next few years waiting for their dominance to end?

D-rock and tinman like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he was at his best during the 50 point game, and then all of a sudden the wheels just kind of fell off. If he can bring back good EGo for the playoffs though, that would be awesome. I think in order for him to do that he'll need to get as much rest/rehab as possible. He's been playing like ass recently, as much as it pains me to say.

banzai and D-rock like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some games are more important than others.

The so called statement games - there are only 2 left - Lakers and Bucks.

Those games you can't really make up by beating a bad or mediocre team.

And some against playoff contenders - one Toronto game, Dallas 2x on the road among others, I would count Portland because of the rivalry...

They have won a fair share of them and lost a fair share, but what you do want to avoid - being blown out.

DeBeards, mastan and Roomba like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't drag me into this turd of a thread

D-rock likes this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

.....and has won absolutely nothing. Both he and MDA in their entire careers have never been to the Finals one time (and with some Hall of Famers on their teams). Spoiler alert: This squad’s story will be just like the other ones during their illustrious careers.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why are you even here then, if you think the Rockets aren't winning this year? Go bandwagon onto some other teams.

In fact, with the disdain you have for Morey, why have you even been a Rockets fan?

tinman and D-rock like this.
  13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I am hated for having a laser focused vision of wanting a Championship for Harden and the city of Houston. We now have a billionaire owner and two Hall of Famers in their prime playing for us and we somehow feel further than ever from a trip to the Finals and have had to revert to a gimmicky small ball offense with Harden taking opening game tip offs against 7 foot centers. We are literally being mocked and made fun of by the national tv crews and for once they are right in their assessment. I want everyone in Houston to feel the joy I felt the last time we were in the finals in 1995, but instead we have traded almost all our future first round picks and all we have to show for it is a 6’ 5” center (“small ball”). We are better than this and even without picks the owner can make management/coaching changes and spend some of his enormous wealth to get the ship righted before we hit the 30 year mark without one Finals appearance.

mastan likes this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

I Don’t have full confident on MDA. It seems that the game is not close.

Clippers vs Rockets

Clippers at 5

Tilman expect that MDA overachieve in playoffs, Tilman still has full confidence?

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The fact that you admit you're a 1% and don't have a shitty life that lives and dies the Rockets is of no help here..

D-rock likes this.
  16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

lol at calling Webber Shaq and Barkley expert analysts

HakeemOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Isn’t Gordon recovering from injuries ?
    No doubt we need him cause he’s a legit playoff shooter not like house who can’t shoot in the playoffs

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac?
    @Zboy

19. Section123row16seat1

¿Lo que hice?

I’m a 1%er? Not really but thanks for the compliment

Why is it so frowned upon on this board to be frustrated by the team? To make observations.....

I think I’m gonna fade go to be Bolivian for the durrmainder of the regular games and instead just quack during the summer over the championship we won, or the transfers morey saves us our windows with.

Pardon me for those past weeks discussion, obviously in over reactioned alarmed bell ranged didn’t need.

$#[€ !+

20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I overreacted and apologize.

Section123row16seat1 and D-rock like this.