1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe they were right about harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 5, 2020.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Ah I remember this game. Dope 4th quarter.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

He found a girlfriend and you know how it is especially in the beginning. Probably cutting off some of the practices cause he has to come back earlier. Thinking about arguments he had with her night before. His friend Nippsey was shot.. Kobe was killed... maybe some more personal stuff. Dude aint a robot

Nelly likes this.
  3. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Wow, that's night and day, what a shame... It's gotta be his drinking, something's up...

4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He’s had years of Capela to bailing him out when he gets deep in the paint for years... you expect him to automatically erase that from his mechanics in 9 weeks? And, adjusting to Russ’s role? I guess you don’t play a lot of sports. How long has PG13 been with Leonard? And, they’re deep as hell. We just changed our entire scheme and added personnel. This ain’t no video game bro. Certainly not alpha scorer, but he impacts the game with his gravity... they didn’t just leave him wide open... he gets double teamed constantly. LeBron, kawaii, pg13, doesn’t get double teams on the regular like harden. Anything else?

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Who should we trade for?

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Maybe depression that the Media is unfair and he isn't in the race for MVP despite his numbers? Even so, gotta get over that ****. Championship won't win itself.

forchette49 and bmelo like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

I feel like he may be coasting now like LeBron did and turn it on in the playoffs

8. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

if you don’t agree, then you must of have not watched these past few games

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden had a Stomach Flu in Boston, Severe Diarrhea.

He pooped in his shorts in Boston literally.

He is still recovering.

Asthma issues during Playoffs during pollen season hurts him in the playoffs also.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike D'Antoni & James Harden:
    [​IMG]

James ain't that (postseason) guy.
    You'll only be left with disappointment, frustration, anger.
    Regular season heroes, postseason zeroes.

No other superstar runs as hot and cold/high and low as Harden.
    It's always something...
    Is Harden concussed?, Harden drunk?, Did Harden go to the club?, Harden quitting/pouting?, Money on the game?, He's tired, no legs, it's this, it's that...

#90 J.R., Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he needs to quit calling himself the best player in the world.

12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

There has been too many instances he has randomly forgot to play basketball or has given up altogether.. Revisiting that trade, if ever made possible, Harden for D. Green and K. Thompson isn't such bad idea. I honestly think sick and tired of being a Rocket.

#92 Sanctity, Mar 6, 2020
  13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

trade him to NYK

14. JackLordsHair66

warriors would never do that deal in a million years ... I wouldn’t if I were them ... for better or worse he’s here for now and I don’t see him going anywhere else soon

15. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Can’t separate mind from body, both are affected. . He’s obviously trying to play through something whether it’s the increased pressure on him defensively or a nagging injury, there is a reason why Kawhi is load managed. He refused to play when he knew he wasn’t 100%, Harden is not like that. Most likely a combination of physical and mental fatigue that has caught up. He’s trying to shoot out of a slump, it’s his way of dealing with it.

16. JackLordsHair66

Yeah that hasn’t aged well so far

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He clearly isn't the same player he was earlier this season. Physically he doesn't look right. Wonder what's going on.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is depressing to watch. Night and day different player. Multiple ways to score. He is very easily guarded now. We all know when he is going to do his step back. He doesn't have that burst anymore. He isn't decisive anymore. He has added even more dribbles to his ISO now which is bad. I miss that James. That was peak Harden. I honestly wish I knew what changed. Hell he even was hitting that deadly step back from mid-range that year. His floater was money. He relentlessly attacked the rim and was explosive. Just mentally head and shoulders different player too. He was a killer. Now.. I don't even know.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I don’t get this. His entire career is marred by him “slumping in the post season.” What in gods name leads you to believe that he’ll just magically find “it” when we need it in the playoffs?

I simply don’t get where this benefit of doubt comes from.

Little Bit and J.R. like this.
  20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

James Harden is dead.

Is now zombiefied!

#100 Smacktle, Mar 6, 2020