1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Tuesday Predictions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Feb 26, 2020.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I don't see how Biden has a chance against Trump. Nope not this year.

Democrats think they can continue to push that same bullish agenda year in and year out as they did in 2016.

Andre0087 and ipaman like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yup, get ready for months of "lock him up" and Biden having to defend Burisma Holdings distracting voters from the real issues. This is right in Trump's wheelhouse and he's way better at it than Biden. Uncle Joe gonna get murdered.

Andre0087 and BigShasta like this.
  3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yes, Ultra Corruption, Nepotism, destroy rule of law, remove check and balance of power, sure I am all for Trump 2020.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is a subset of American voters mainly younger people who tend to be more skeptical who believe the only difference between the Trump GOP and the establishment moderates is that Trump is just more brazen with his corruption while the establishment moderates are just more savvy in hiding their corruption especially the entire Clinton wing of the establishment.

Now I don't personally adhere to that to its full extent. There definitely is a discernible difference in brazen corruption between Trump a and moderate establishment figures.

What leads them to believe this? They see the coalescing of wealth for the top .1% while everyone else for the past 40 years have almost relatively stagnant household real income while their household debt has been increasing. Trump hasn't been president for 40 years last time I checked.

ipaman and BigShasta like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not the same. In 2016 no-one thought Trump would be as horrible a President as he turned out to be.

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

At the same time the media for the past 4 years have been giddy about GDP growth and jobs. The fact that the world hasn't burned down with Trump means that for many people, it might not be a big deal if he's president even if they can't stand his character.

ipaman likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The other really big news from ST is people do not like Liz Warren -- her brand is seriously damaged.

Hakeemtheking and BigShasta like this.
  8. Major

Major Member

Compared to 2016, Biden has opportunities to win PA, MI, WI, FL, AZ, NC, OH, GA, and possibly even TX. He has the widest map in a generation for Dems. He opens the door to numerous Senate seats as well.

havoc1 and justtxyank like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

All that was true in 2018 and people turned out in record numbers to vote against the GOP.

10. pirc1

They see the accumulation of wealth at the top and they are mad, so they are going to help the ultimate self interested billionaire to stay in power, that is why young people should not hold high offices. :)

11. fchowd0311

Placing third in your own state is awfully embarrassing

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Very real.

I genuinely believe her arrogance early in the campaign doomed her. She visibly angered the other candidates, and before anyone claims it was "sexism" the candidates she bothered the most were Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar. Her total dismissal of everyone else around her with basically a "I'm smarter than you all and you offer nothing to this stage" attitude was such a turn off.

Hakeemtheking and KingCheetah like this.
  13. fchowd0311

But the thing is they see both sides of the establishment as self-interested. Again, Donald Trump hasn't been President these past 40 years. He didn't cause this. To those young voters, they see it merely as Trump just exposing what politicians always do but more openly and more brazen. They know he's a dumbass and they know long time establishment politicians are significantly more savvy in how the process works.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd say it's more about the fact that this entire primary has not been about issues. It's about Trump. Who has the best chance of beating him. The polls say so.

If she had an image problem Bloomberg would have twice as many delegates. She singlehandedly destroyed him.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, no doubt. I know Trump doesn't care and is likely still very much a racist...but some people are more gullible I guess.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Been wondering when this was gonna happen it was inevitable.

SMDH.

17. pirc1

I understand that, just don't think they are very logical. By the way, are you related to Jay? You both use same bear. :)

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

Ya, I'm not sure if it's an image problem more than just voters being deathly afraid of Trump so they flock to the safer choice in a general.

If someone like Mitt Romney was president, Democrat voters would probably be willing to take more risks as the stakes are no where near as high.

19. fchowd0311

No lol. A lot of posters after the Morey China incident changed their avatars to Winnie the Pooh in support of Morey.

pirc1 likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think a lot of people who are dismissing Biden's win underrate the affection people have for him. People LIKE him.

dmoneybangbang, Pringles and Major like this.