1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. HTM

HTM Member

I'm going to Tokyo in April. I don't have any qualms about going as of now. However, this isn't just vacation but an important trip albeit of a personal nature.

I don't have any qualms about your plan right now either except the cruise part... cruises and illness are just a horrible combination. Like dorms and illnesses.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the cruise part worries me the most.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be worried so much about the trip itself, but the odds of getting stuck there and not being able to get back in a timely way is a big risk. I've got some friends who've been stuck in Italy for over a week and can't get home because there are no flights out.

Hakeemtheking, deb4rockets and B-Bob like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It sounds terrific. At any other time, I'd be jealous. Personally, I'd look into getting what money you can manage back from the cruise line. Perhaps they would offer tickets at a later date several months down the road, or next year with a different destination. You might be OK for Ireland and Spain, but I wouldn't take a chance on a cruise. That's really bad luck.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump trying to connect Coronavirus with the flu...

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why are we plagued with this corrupt, incompetent, traitorous fool as president? What did we do?

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, and just the chance that you come down with the virus in some random place, even a mild case. It's just so lame to be sick and traveling.

Mrs. B-Bob and I are trying to figure out a similar situation for June, with lots of **** pre-paid.

EDIT: #nocruisetho

#507 B-Bob, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    deb4rockets likes this.
  8. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

So, I'm hearing that Judge Hidalgo just said that Harris county does not have the capability to test for coronavirus currently. Is this true and if so, why not?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the DNC's fault. If the DNC wasn't so corrupt, Republicans and "moderate Dems" like @Os Trigonum wouldn't have voted for Trump

SamFisher likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't vote for Trump. joke's on you :p

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I see that the Voices in Donald Trump's Head are at it again.

Why oh why won't Trump that the Voices in Donald Trump's Head tell really big lies?

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Think of all of the libtard's tears that would have shed though!

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would think that a good cruise line would let you change the dates, maybe with a penalty, but not a large one. Surely they want to encourage repeat customers. We took a Tauck river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam about 3 years ago, and they offered to do that. We didn’t need to take advantage, and it wasn’t free, but you could reschedule. We’ve been sent Tauck offers ever since. They want you back. Worth checking out. Bad luck!

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

could be true... most places do not have test kits yet (cdc issue that is being corrected) but that should change soon...

Also - Harris rumor control on coronavirus:

http://readyharris.org/Rumor-Control

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nonsense. “Democratic” votes for trump came from Bernie supporters buying crap memes like that being pushed by the FSB. 12% of Bernie primary voters voted for trump. That’s several hundred thousand votes. I’ll add that Hillary had 3,000,000 more votes in the primaries than Bernie did. Bernie simply lost. You’ve come up with the wrong conspiracy theory.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

An estimated 151,000-575,000 people worldwide died from the H1N1 virus in 2009. Of those, there were 12,400 in the U.S. Still got a ways to go.

RayRay10 and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yep, but Bill knows his numbers for sure.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is very much a study in that it's better to be lucky than good. He's lived a charmed life. Ran against an incredibly unpopular candidate who not only made tactical mistakes but also got blindsided by things like Comey and Russian interference. Trump came into office at a time when the economy was on the upswing, and to his credit didn't sink it. At a time when there were many crisis around the World that made the US more stable in comparison. Had the extremely Machievellian Majority leader keeping the Senate in line for him.

This is the first real national crisis (not of his own creation) that he is facing and this is one that party loyalty and can't solve. This might be where Trump's luck runs out. Unfortunately many Americans might suffer if Trump doesn't luck out here.