1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston water main break

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Feb 27, 2020.

1. likestohypeguy

So what do you "get"exactly from what was certainly ice and tea from unboiled water yesterday at a restaurant? Is this a long term parasite/disease situation, or if no vomiting/diarrhea by the next day should be good? What's the procedure, stay calm?

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Evacuate TO Katy.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

King1 and mikol13 like this.
  4. likestohypeguy

Everyone here who partook in the forbidden faucet, feeling okay so far?

Now that corona has made it to Rice, we'll be left to wonder if it's the virus or the dysentery kicking in. Or both.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TexasTofu likes this.
  6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm OK. Did have the bubble guts for one night though.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I stayed in Katy Friday night , but at work during the day, my office told everyone to bring their own water. I drink my own water anyway, so no real change, other then washing your hands with dirty water...All in all, just another day in Houston...

8. likestohypeguy

Glad to hear.

What & how much did you drink, and you attribute sick stomach to that? So far so good here.

9. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Just soda at a fast food place. And forgot to brush my teeth with bottled water. Really don't know if its connected though.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]
    Okay, Mr. Dune guy, that's TMI. Yeesh.

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I work on Allen Parkway and Waugh and they sent us home early Thursday. Got a call that night saying the offices were closed on Friday and to work from home. I wasn't going to go in anyway if I couldn't drink my normal 4 cups of coffee!

Random floods and explosions.....gotta love Houston!

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

We're still waiting at work for them to replace the water filters so we can have the drinking water and water for coffee.

We learned how to make coffee using bottled water, poured in from the top, etcetera, and thank God---yesterday, coffee-free, was rough.

Gonna have to sue that contractor that cut the pipe it was supposed to fix.

"Okay, Mister Smith (not my real name), you are bringing this suit against Uncle Bobo's Contracting Firm because you suffered from headaches and sleepiness while at work due to caffeine deprivation?"

"That's correct. I know my rights, your Honor."

"Mister Smith (not my real name), did you think to bring in your own coffee during this time?"

"Your Honor, why should I pay money at Starbucks, or carry coffee in a container that can spill in the car, and that would be gone right away?"

"Jesus Christ Almighty." (GAVELS the desk) "Case dismissed."